Author Topic: mail protection wizzard doesn't work  (Read 5024 times)

mantra

mail protection wizzard doesn't work
« on: July 14, 2003, 10:03:34 AM »
hi
mail protection wizzard doesn't work
automatically protect all my accounts works fine

but if i want to go back
automatically remove it doesn't work and leave all the old value modified by avast !

why? :-\

mantra

Re:mail protection wizzard doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 03:56:34 PM »
it mixes my smtp with the other smtp
so i have to correct every mail account manually!

what do i mistake?

jdong

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 04:23:36 PM »
Hmm, I don't know... Avast is treating me fine... using outlook XP.

deadcoat

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 10:09:35 PM »
The mail protection wizard made outlook express completely useless.
Could not send mail at all or recieve mail through my isp account. It kept saying not enough memory I know this is not true I delete and empty the deleted item folder every time I use outlook. I tried both with outlook express 6 and 5 same results every time. I sent a bug report to avast all I got was an email saying to check memory resourses for temp or something like that I no longer have the email and that they have not had any reports about this problem.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 11:31:32 AM »
deadcoat, we can discuss this problem again, if you wish. The're too many possible causes of the problem so we need more info to sort it out.

- How many accounts do you have set up?
- What OS are you using? What version of avast?
- Is the process called ashMaiSv.exe running (i.e. is it in the Task Manager's process list, for example?)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

deadcoat

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 08:14:47 PM »
Well lets see at the time I had two accounts set up one pop3 and a hotmail http: account. I am running a win98se. The version of avast was  the one that came out near the beginning of July. It was the 4.0 something home edition. Never did check if the ashmaisv was running.
The version of outllok express was the latest version of 6. I also had spybot installed. And I had a comctrl32.dll or is it comctl32.dll conflict problem that caused wmp9 to be unusable. The other two programs that might have caused a probled were the cnet download managers and the webshot desktop manager. The problems started before installing the cnet download manager but got worse after installing it.
From simply not being able to use outlook to completely crashing my system.