Author Topic: Internet Security v5.1.889 can't update its virus definitions on Win7 64bit  (Read 3142 times)

cdvrooman

Hello,

I've been having a problem for at least the last week or so. I have version 5.1.889 of Avast! Internet Security (paid) and it is stuck at virus definition version 110223-0.

When I boot by PC (Windows 7, 64bit), I get the popup saying Avast wasn't able to update itself the last time around. But when I try to update the virus definitions manually, as soon as the orange progress bar appears, the update program hangs and never continues.

I'm also using Comodo Internet Security Premium, 5.3.181415.1237, virus signature database version: 7925. I've been using the two together since I installed Avast in 04/2010 without any update problems with either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Two antivirus at the same time. Sooner or later, problems.
Uninstall the antivirus part of Comodo to use avast.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Two antivirus at the same time. Sooner or later, problems.
Uninstall the antivirus part of Comodo to use avast.

+1
Also update your avast to version 6...! ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

cdvrooman

If I just download and install the Avast! 6 Internet Security trial, since I have a valid license will it automatically kick in?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Did you remove version 5 prior to install version 6?
If not remove them both and only install version 6.
It will allow you to insert the license file.