Author Topic: New CIS "fails" Comodo Leak Test. Any comments from CIS Firewall users here?  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Hi All

Preamble: Not posting here to deride Comodo. So even if you think you have good cause, please resist the urge, or do it somewhere else.

Main Point: Having previously been "educated" by 1 or 2 CIS users that the firewalls in AIS, KIS, NIS, etc, are "no good" because they don't score 100% when tested with Comodo's "Leak Tester", there's now a bit of a fuss because the latest version of CIS also fails the test.

My questions: If you're using only CIS Firewall, I assume it refers to the "Trusted Vendor List", but does it also include sandboxing/virtualization?
Is the change in score then, simply because the default sandboxing of anything "unknown" means that the HIPS is not asking the user, and so he/she doesn't get the opportunity to block everything?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Having previously been "educated" by 1 or 2 CIS users that the firewalls in AIS, KIS, NIS, etc, are "no good" because they don't score 100% when tested with Comodo's "Leak Tester"
Now, be "educated" about the leak tests limitations: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=29259.msg247460#msg247460

There's now a bit of a fuss because the latest version of CIS also fails the test.

My questions: If you're using only CIS Firewall, I assume it refers to the "Trusted Vendor List", but does it also include sandboxing/virtualization?
Is the change in score then, simply because the default sandboxing of anything "unknown" means that the HIPS is not asking the user, and so he/she doesn't get the opportunity to block everything?
How to perform a leak test with CIS: https://forums.comodo.com/leak-testingattacksvulnerability-research/getting-accurate-leak-test-results-t61715.0.html;msg434827#msg434827
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
I've been told at Comodo forum the latest version of Comodo is not design to used Comodo leak tests IF you have sandbox enable, Comodo leak tests is design for Firewall and Defence+ only you have to disable the sandbox to used the leak tests it won't work if you have sandbox enable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:52:27 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
So the sandbox is part of the firewall-only install by default.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world

Vladimyr Comodo Leak Test was not designed to test the sandbox.
Read ...

https://forums.comodo.com/leak-testingattacksvulnerability-research/getting-accurate-leak-test-results-t61715.0.html

[CLT was not designed to be used in a sandbox. If CLT is sandboxed, it will generate erroneous results!]
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

spg SCOTT

This is why I don't take any notice of ANY tests, regardless of where they come from...every test you se, be it an "industry" test, or one like CLT, there are caveats that apply...that's just me though...

MAG

Sandbox was included in my FW/D+ installation by default, but it was also disabled by default (you have to check a box if you want to turn it on).

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Sandbox was included in my FW/D+ installation by default, but it was also disabled by default (you have to check a box if you want to turn it on).

Thanks 'mag' (and everyone else for your input).
I generally wouldn't expect a firewall to even include virtualization and I didn't want to have to install CIS again just to find out what the defaults were.