Author Topic: Eudora Mail Scanner  (Read 3092 times)

Thayne

Eudora Mail Scanner
« on: August 30, 2004, 08:28:19 PM »
I've been using avast! for a couple of weeks now. I noticed in the forum here that one other person was having problems with an error poping up at startup that said a certain port was in use and that avast! would not be able to scan email messages. I am having the same problem but on a different port. I manually set up my email instead of using the wizard because the wizard was putting junk into my login name and password in Eudora. I refuse to use Outlook - getting to many trojans/viruses, etc.

avast! seems to be working because I've been doing virus scans daily and avast! says all is well. However, I would like an explanation as to which port avast! is looking to to do email scans and to get rid of the startup error message.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Eudora Mail Scanner
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 01:08:51 AM »
You must change your email account settings into Outlook Express to use another port than 110 (pop3) or 25 (smtp).
You can download and use TCPView application (see Links on my signature) to see which application is using each port.
If you set Eudora to use 111 (for instance), you can set avast4.ini file (see Settings on my signature) on section MailScanner.

Hope this help.
The best things in life are free.

Thayne

Re:Eudora Mail Scanner
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 06:14:19 AM »
Many thanks!! I'll give TCPView a try.

Thanks!