Author Topic: Taking Advantage Of The New Offer With Active License?  (Read 1851 times)

HortonHurder

Taking Advantage Of The New Offer With Active License?
« on: January 21, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »
I was just noticing the amazing deal on Avast Internet Security that expires on January 31st. 

Can I purchase this and have it added to my existing AIS license that expires in May, or am I stuck hoping they will continue this promotion for another five months?

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Taking Advantage Of The New Offer With Active License?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:07:07 PM »
I am interested in this offer. What is the offer and where did you find it?

Please read here about licensing. If the information is accurate, it doesn't seem fair in my opinion.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=67771.15

So, according to the post, with your 5 months remaining it appears that if you renew today for a year subscription that you would actually only be getting an additional 7 months for the price of a years subscription. Hope that it is a truly amazing deal!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:38:08 PM by Charyb »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Taking Advantage Of The New Offer With Active License?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 07:52:04 PM »
I was just noticing the amazing deal on Avast Internet Security that expires on January 31st. 

Can I purchase this and have it added to my existing AIS license that expires in May, or am I stuck hoping they will continue this promotion for another five months?

Unfortunately the license is effective/starts from the date of purchase, so it would rather depend on how good a deal is it to forego the 4 months remaining. If you were to purchase a two or three year license that would perhaps make losing the 4 months more bearable.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security