Author Topic: How can i check the avast 5.0 (update program url and update vps url)?  (Read 2842 times)

alexyeoh_leo85

Hi, everyone.

I want to know, how can i know avast 5.0 (update program and update vps "URL" )? how to know the server url?
Thank you.

swarnava

Re: How can i check the avast 5.0 (update program url and update vps url)?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:04:49 AM »
what you do to know avast server url ? if you want to distribute update or you want offline update you can manually download by here

http://www.avast.com/download-update

alexyeoh_leo85

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:44:55 AM »
Thank for your advice, Swarnava/Heaven GOD.
But i don't want this url. This is for download for offline update.
my matter is, just now i has use 3rd party software to cut off that pc cannot access to internet. and i have a white-list to key in the url site on white-list menu. and then my pc avast will automatic access to this url get the new definition.
just now i want to know, what is the avast program (update vps url and update virus definition url)?

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »
There is a list of server URLs in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup/servers.def file in WinXP Pro.  The path may vary with different windows versions, so do a search for the file servers.def.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner