Author Topic: Avast/pro fails to start automatically  (Read 2005 times)

john1978

Avast/pro fails to start automatically
« on: January 23, 2011, 02:06:42 PM »
Hello World!!!!!

I'm kinda frustrated and so worried here...It's my first time joining a web forum and i preferred joining avast forum as I believe it's a secure corner...But anyways here's what's going on with my PC... Everytime I start or restart my PC, My Avast/pro anti-virus fails to start..It's been happening for almost a month now and most of the times, i would manually click the "fix now button"on the avast interface just to get my anti-virus working..

As far as i know, any anti-virus should immediately start itself immediately right after system boots. I felt kinda threaten here bcoz if this would continuously go on,chances are,something might penetrate my PC system b4 my dear avast would know it and that would make my system doomed....

Please help me...thanks in advance...!!!!

=============================================================================

Kinda surprised only few minutes after i posted this, forum showed that people out there had viewed it.... i would really appreciate if I could get some piece of advice/tips on what to do... by the way, i even go online seldomly bt whenever i do it, its the whole day around...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:58:56 PM by john1978 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast/pro fails to start automatically
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 06:50:06 PM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.

Which was your antivirus before avast?
Any other security program that could interfere?
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

Re: Avast/pro fails to start automatically
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »

Welcome to the forums, john1978   :)

Well, this is a publicly accessed forum.

It would be best for you to remove your email address unless you like getting spam email.

Spambots often troll public forums for available email addresses such as yours.

Never post your email address in a publicly accessed forum. This will include most forums.

You can hide your email address in your forum profile. That way, only you and the forum administrators will see your email address.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:07:40 AM by CharleyO »