Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1705 times)

happy avast user

Thank you
« on: January 23, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
Hi all,

1.First of all I would like to thank you all for your support and advice regarding Avast 5.1.889 I really appreciate it

2. I would like to say sorry for the double posting in different area's in the forum on the same topic I will make sure that does not happen again.

3. I am disappointed in Avast 5.1 as it seems to have a lot of problems and issues with some people and reading some of the posts some Avast Users have  decided not to user Avast any more which I think is SAD:( because it is a great FREE AV.
I have found the latest version of Avast has caused me problems in that my PC FREEZES and HANGS OFTEN now.
Someone that I recommended Avast to no longer users Avast because it let viruses through and crashed their whole system and they could do nothing at all, they were using Avast FREE AV.

Thanks again everyone, take care. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »
Troubles with avast 5.1 are generally connected to the new technology of the Behavior Shield.
I had troubles myself in the early betas, but all were corrected by avast team.
Software development is like this. And free software need the user help troubleshooting. Can you?
The best things in life are free.

12-es_csaj

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »
3. I am disappointed in Avast 5.1 as it seems to have a lot of problems and issues with some people and reading some of the posts some Avast Users have  decided not to user Avast any more which I think is SAD:(

I hope avast! 6.0 will be much better, and then you will be an avast! user, again.
I'm sad when I look at your nickname, and after that, I read your post. BUT really, avast! has lots of bugs, lots of people are affected by them.

I am in a forum, where there are lots of experts or people who are keen on computers, and IT security. They haven't got bad opinions about avast - until they put it on their system for a try. They do system restore or reinstall it after removing the previous AV and installing avast!. But they have problems with it. So they uninstall avast! after one or two days - and they have to change their opinion about avast.

Someone that I recommended Avast to no longer users Avast because it let viruses through and crashed their whole system and they could do nothing at all, they were using Avast FREE AV.

I know that AVAST guys are working very-very hard, but avast!'s detection is... well.... not so good! I often help people in Gyakorikérdések.hu. It's a site where you can ask questions anonymously or with some nickname, if you don't want to be anonymus; you can ask for help to solve problems occuring in all areas of life, e.g. computers. About 9 people of 10, who get a virus undetected by her/his AV, use avast! Their computer slows down, or something strange occures, because their avast! let malwares on their PC.
Not that site is the only one. Unfortunately, a huge amount of people has virus problems with avast.

So I can understand "happy avast user".

I like avast! very much. I appreciate avast!'s guys' hard work. I like avast! because the free version has all the features that a user needs and so much more! I hope that avast will become on of the best AVs soon! I like avast.
But these problems that we mentioned above are here!
I had to write this post down, and again, I can understand "happy avast user"

PS: I will try to help avast. When I found an error, bug, mistake or undetected URL/file, I will report it!  ;)
PS2: Sorry for my really bad English.

happy avast user

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
Troubles with avast 5.1 are generally connected to the new technology of the Behavior Shield.
I had troubles myself in the early betas, but all were corrected by avast team.
Software development is like this. And free software need the user help troubleshooting. Can you?

Hi Tech If you would like me to help I am prepared to but what would you like me to do to assist with troubleshooting?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 12:45:23 AM »
Which program is using the CPU while freezing?
Please download: http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessExplorer.zip

Run it as administrator, find "AvastSvc.exe" process (avast! service) and when it'll use high CPU, right-click it and choose "Create dump > Full dump". Then compress the dump file and upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/.

If it is another program that is freezing, change "avastsvc.exe" for this other process.
You can also use http://public.avast.com/~vlk/hangrep.exe to generate a manual dump of the application (in this case, avastSvc.exe
The best things in life are free.