Author Topic: Avast 5.1.889 wont update Virus-definitions  (Read 2779 times)

Mo0nwalker

Avast 5.1.889 wont update Virus-definitions
« on: January 24, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
I just started my computer like any normal day, then all of a sudden it froze and after that I`ve got red messages popping up saying you need to update and all that and when I do it stops in like 2 seconds and says the package is closed. The scan only reaches to prod-ais.vsx and its the end. 

I`ve of course searched the forum on the site already, saying that you need to uninstall it with the Avast uninstall tool, repair etc.

I`ve also heard that some people just waited and found out that a green screen eventually would pop up later and say its "fully updated" and so on.

At the moment, I`ve only tried to repair and when I do, it fails and says I need the full update, so repairing didnt work.

I think I`m gonna give it some time and maybe see if a green screen will pop up later and inform me of the update. Otherwise I am going to uninstall it and download the newest version. 

I`ll inform later of the changes that will happen, but what do you suggest I`ll do other than what I`ve said for now?

As for what other security program I use? Only MBA and Avast.
Firewalls? I use the one in the Avast, since I`ve got the Internet Security version. 
I use Windows 7 64 bit.

Avast is awesome and I hope this problem will get fixed soon!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 5.1.889 wont update Virus-definitions
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:58 PM »
Have you rebooted since the problem appeared (worth a shot) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security