Author Topic: Avast Internet Security Free Version  (Read 1544 times)

Offline naren17

• Personal Message (Offline)
Avast Internet Security Free Version
« on: January 27, 2011, 01:31:04 PM »
I think Avast should provide AIS Free Version by adding just the Basic Version of Avast Firewall i.e Two Way Firewall.
During Download or Install, they should provide the option to Download or Install both FW & AV or any one. Wot Say Frds???

Thanxx
Naren

Online Tech

• avast! team
  • Certainly Bot
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Avast Internet Security Free Version
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »
AIS won't be released for free. The antivirus is free. The firewall not. So, if you want the suite, you need to pay.
There are other free firewalls and even suites. You can choose what do you want :)
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Avast Internet Security Free Version
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
I think Avast should provide AIS Free Version by adding just the Basic Version of Avast Firewall i.e Two Way Firewall.
During Download or Install, they should provide the option to Download or Install both FW & AV or any one. Wot Say Frds???

I don't think so, as there has to be differences or the best competitor to AIS would become the free suite version.

Note I'm using the free antivirus version and I'm very happy that avast are generous enough to provide it, if no one bought the paid for options how do you think that could continue.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now