Author Topic: Avast Internet Security Free Version  (Read 3396 times)

naren17

Avast Internet Security Free Version
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »
I think Avast should provide AIS Free Version by adding just the Basic Version of Avast Firewall i.e Two Way Firewall.
During Download or Install, they should provide the option to Download or Install both FW & AV or any one. Wot Say Frds???

Thanxx
Naren

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Internet Security Free Version
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »
AIS won't be released for free. The antivirus is free. The firewall not. So, if you want the suite, you need to pay.
There are other free firewalls and even suites. You can choose what do you want :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Internet Security Free Version
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »
I think Avast should provide AIS Free Version by adding just the Basic Version of Avast Firewall i.e Two Way Firewall.
During Download or Install, they should provide the option to Download or Install both FW & AV or any one. Wot Say Frds???

I don't think so, as there has to be differences or the best competitor to AIS would become the free suite version.

Note I'm using the free antivirus version and I'm very happy that avast are generous enough to provide it, if no one bought the paid for options how do you think that could continue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security