Author Topic: VBS:Malware [Script] problem - please help!!  (Read 2559 times)

tascha

VBS:Malware [Script] problem - please help!!
« on: September 01, 2004, 11:45:53 AM »
hi everyone

I was hoping someone could help me as i seem to have a virus that keeps coming beck no matter what i do and i cannot find any info on it anywhere.

I am currently using win xp and avast 4.1 - my problem is avast keeps reporting a virus but when i try to delete, move, repair etc it says the file is in use by another program so it cannot carry out the command and gives this address

C:\Documents and Settings\N robey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\71ZRC4QL\Piratesearch[1].htm

I have run a scan on boot up that finds and deletes it but i always comes back a few days later - avast is always keep upto date and i have segate firewall. I have run the regular clean up facilities like erasing history cookies etc and even bought registry machanic - nothing seems to work and i am getting a little worried that damage is being done when i think i have got rid of it.

any help would be very much appriciated - cheers all tascha x

whocares

Re:VBS:Malware [Script] problem - please help!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 12:00:33 PM »
Hi,

- deletion can be done here by deleting all Temp.Internet.Files including offline files (all Programs and browser-windows must be closed)
- if it keeps coming back, either there's something hidden on your PC, or more probably, you get reinfected via unsafe IE-settings

-> Read the link "VirusRemoval" below in my sig, then..:
- secure your system & browser
- post a hijackthis Log-file ;)

tascha

Re:VBS:Malware [Script] problem - please help!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 12:24:20 PM »
hi

Thanks so much for the fast reply - i am still new to all this - i am using Avant for a browser would this make a difference to being infected again and again - i will go and read the virus removal link you sent maybe this will help me understand more - thanks again for the lighting fast reply - kindest regards tascha x ;D