Author Topic: suspicious url  (Read 3011 times)

beck

suspicious url
« on: September 01, 2004, 05:02:04 PM »
When avast brings up the warning box when downloading email, and it has a suspicious url warning, where does it keep the list of them that you ok? I would like to remove one, but can't figure out where to do that.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:suspicious url
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 05:41:27 PM »
I doubt that avast stores a list of suspicious url, for one thing this would need to be maintained.

I would say that it is more likely the structure of the URL not being standard, like in phishing attempts or additional parameters at the end of the url.

This may be the same as (depending on your settings) avast reports suspicious email attachments in outbound email, etc. if they differ from the usual types of attachment, zip, etc. Someone reported this when they sent a .mht file (an html archive file contaiing images).

These warnings should be taken as a heads up/wake up call to take care.

Just my thoughts and not official.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 09:29:58 PM »
Souspicious alert come from the Heuristic module.

You can add a 'Allowed URL' into Heuristic settings of your provider (Internet Mail and/or Outlook/Express plugin).  ;)
The best things in life are free.

beck

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 05:03:32 AM »
Technical,

Thanks! I finally got it!   ;D