Author Topic: Eudora, again  (Read 5525 times)

mooseluk

Eudora, again
« on: July 14, 2003, 09:29:47 PM »
            I've read everything I could find about Eudora, not being able to
            send, that is posted in this forum and cannot find a cure for my
            problem.
            I can receive but not send in Eudora. I have Eudora 5.2 and avast 4.
            SSL is off, the mail client is correctly listed and my ISP has no
            clue as to what may be wrong.

I tried adding this post to an existing thread but don't believe it went to the right person.  Sorry about that.

Pavel Baudis

Re:Eudora, again
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 11:54:46 AM »
This is really strange - I use Eudora with avast without any problems. Eudora is even supported by avast! Mail Protection Wizzard...

Amerk_5

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 05:36:53 PM »
I briefly used Eudora before switching to Thunderbird. Are you able to send & receive without the avast mail protection set up?

mooseluk

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 07:55:36 PM »
Problem is the same w/o avast running.  I changed around a bunch of settings in the Eudora set up, no help.

mooseluk

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 08:38:48 PM »
Eudora is sending and receiving now.  The settings are the same as they were when it was receiving only.  One thing I did that was different was to delete the test messages that could not be sent.  I put in a new message, sent it, changed the address three times and sent it each time.  I guess this means Eudora is working ???
One other thing I don't understand: on the "On Access Protection Control" under 'Internet Mail' there is the statement, 'The Provider is waiting for a subsystem to start'.  Does this mean it is waiting for Eudora to go into action or did I turn something off and not turn it back on?