Now updated to version 6.0.945.
we'll soon be releasing a new version of avast - the long-awaited version 6.0. As usual, we're making the new version available for public testing before it's officially released.
This is the first beta build of v6 - please treat it as such.How to get itRemoved - get the latest build instead.How to install it
Just run the setup executable (links above). This version needs to be installed from scratch
, i.e. updating from a previous version of avast won't work. This will be fixed relatively soon - however, for now, the only option is to really uninstall the version you're using (if any), reboot, and install this beta.
Also, if you have already used a previous beta of the standalone WebRep, it's better to uninstall it before installing avast 6.What's new
- AutoSandbox – suspicious programs will be optionally run sandboxed
- avast! WebRep – browser plugin for website reputation rating; a combination of data from our virus lab and community voting
- Script Shield now even in the Free AV
- Site Blocking now even in the Free AV
- SafeZone – a special virtualized area for sensitive transactions (e.g. secure online banking) (paid products only)
- Restore factory settings command (Settings -> Troubleshooting)
- Automatic actions in the boot-time scan
- New compression method in the installer makes the setup packages about 20% smaller.
- Script Shield now functional even with IE8/IE9 Protected Mode
- Sidebar gadget
- Improved stability/compatibility of the Behavior Shield
- Improvements in the avast! sandbox
- Help files not updated yet
- Localizations incomplete yet
- SafeZone not yet accessible (Pro AV / IS only)
- WebRep only available for IE and Firefox (Chrome is coming soon)
- Firewall: per-application packet rules not yet accessible
- Firewall: uTorrent conflict not yet resolved