Author Topic: Stuck Update  (Read 4328 times)

Jima

Stuck Update
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:41:15 PM »
I have 5.1.889 Program set on manual updates as I have for years.
This morning's virus defintion update, 110201-1, has stuck with the progress bar about half way across.
When I cancel it and come back, it is in the same place and does not move.
It says Step 2/2 and my ISP connection is showing no activity.
This is the first trouble of any kind in months or years.
I love avast!.  Am good through 1/2012.
Ideas?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Stuck Update
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »
have you tried avast repair ?

For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Jima

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »
Thanks.
Followed steps, got note that "repair was finished and updates completed."
No difference on the update page or progress bar.
That is no change in the problem.

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
It sure would help if you would go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then select your country in Please select your country: then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

Silk0

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 11:41:48 PM »
It sure would help if you would go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then select your country in Please select your country: then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

Sorry if you take this as Spam from my part but I don't understand in what the information on the signature will help. Already saw that (and all the posts comes from you) on some topics and still have no idea.
I did had information of my system, yes.. but there's no need since I can specify that information on the topic of my problem.

Now, for @the OP,
Which firewall do you use?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:43:54 PM by Silk0 »

Jima

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:46:25 AM »
I am afraid I don't know what replies 3 & 4 are asking for.

Jima

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »
I probably should have tried rebooting before posting, but turning back on this morning did the job.
Thanks and sorry for the post.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »

Sorry if you take this as Spam from my part but I don't understand in what the information on the signature will help. Already saw that (and all the posts comes from you) on some topics and still have no idea.
I did had information of my system, yes.. but there's no need since I can specify that information on the topic of my problem.

Now, for @the OP,
Which firewall do you use?

If the op had information in his/her signiture then you wouldn't of had to ask what firewall was being used  ::)