Author Topic: 6.0.1000 Behavior Shield blocks Lenovo Fingerprint Software - no login screen  (Read 2600 times)

Sgt.Schumann

Since I updated avast! to version 5.1.889 (from 5.0.xxx) on my Win7 64bit Lenovo Thinkpad, i have the following problem:
When locking the system ("Windows-Key"-"L") or after "Sleep-Mode" no login window to Windows is displayed any more ... only the Windows7 background image (of login) is shown.
The only thing i can do in this situation is a brutal shutdown of the system (power button or removing power)  :(

The login window is normally displayed by the Lenovo Fingerprint Software (i am using the current version 3.3.2.27), since it combines "normal" login and fingerprint based login.

But if I disable the behavior shield of avast!, the login window is displayed and fully functional.
So there is a conflict between the current avast! version, more concrete with the behavoir shield.
(my shield settings are: all options checked and action: ask)

Is this conflict known or has anybody the same problem?  ???

[UPDATE 2011-02-24]
The same problem still occures with version 6.0.1000  :-[
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:46:36 PM by Sgt.Schumann »

gcn

I ran into this on my wife's Thinkpad with W7 x64. I had to use system restore to get the update back out of the system, then turn off behaviour monitoring , and finally reinstall the update.

FWIW I have the behaviour monitoring disabled on all our PCs now as it has caused various problems on every one of them. Most are XP though.

Sgt.Schumann

Thank you gcn for your confirmation of the problem.

I am wondering about the fact that we are the only ones facing this problem ... up to now  ???

@avast!-team: is this problem already known and addressed?

Sgt.Schumann

I now updated to the new version 6.0.1000 and the problem still occures.  :-[

So i also updated the subject of this topic.

@avast-team: this problem now exists since quite a long time. Is this problem addressed?