Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Rootkit infection detected... :(  (Read 14547 times)

Pony_Girl

Re: Rootkit infection detected... :(
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
@ ArtemisF0wl: Thank-you :)! Put me in a much better mood, not feeling so hopeless about this now :) .
I am familiar with searching and fairly computer literate (ie. I can usually figure out basic things and happily use the computer un-assisted, I've worked in administration before), but I'm a bit 'rusty' and it's something I've not had to do for a long time. Planning to do a course or 2 in the near future to refresh my memory

[EDIT] ArtemisF0wl: Just read your PM (replying here as new members of this forum don't seem to have PM option right away), thank-you again :) . That is something I shall definately look into :) .

@ gmer: Will send the requested files as soon as I am able to get to my computer later today ASAP if you still need me to send them to you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:31:49 AM by Pony_Girl »

Pony_Girl

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »
@ gmer and anybody else willing to read this thread and try to help:

gmer, I honestly cannot find the files you requested I send to you (aswMBR.log and MBR.dat), I have no idea whybut they just don't appear to exist... Yes, basic searches and all that is something I'm pretty much familiar with, it's basic stuff, still can't just find those damned files. Yes I also followed your instructions to a T, did everything you said to do.

Anybody know any reason as to why I can't seem to find the files that supposedly should be there? Anybody got any other suggestions or solutions to this problem?

ANY help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If anybody who's willing to help needs to communicate with me in order to do so - I'm from the UK, I'm available pretty much 24/7 except Monday's until 6pm due to college, I have both AIM and MSN, I have no problem what so ever with remote assistance being used if need be (not hiding anything, nothing particularly important to me/private on this computer except family photographs and I generally don't mind which of my files get seen by anybody).

Pony_Girl

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 03:08:27 AM »
Problem resolved. :)

Big thank-you to gmer and ArtemisF0wl. :D