Author Topic: Trying to register  (Read 11338 times)

rambo1940

Re: Trying to register
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »
Hi all,

it was problem on our servers, should be fixed now. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Martin

Thx for fixing it :)

Thanks for the information.
Regards

jeffo

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »
This problem doesn't seem to be fixed. I installed Avast Free yesterday and have been unable to register directly. Yesterday, I would just get a blank pop up. This morning I get to fill the form in all the way. When I click 'register' I get a pop-up telling me 'Please complete the following form'.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »
When I click 'register' I get a pop-up telling me 'Please complete the following form'.

So, just complete the form, that's how it works... ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

jeffo

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »
So, just complete the form, that's how it works... ;)
asyn

Seems I forgot to include the part where it says 'Complete the form' after I completed the form.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 03:16:05 PM »
Seems I forgot to include the part where it says 'Complete the form' after I completed the form.

If you still have problems use the offline registration..!!
http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=459
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 03:49:33 PM »
The registration is now working correctly (at least for me).
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

jeffo

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 04:54:38 PM »
Well, ahem, call me embarrassed. I just realized I had something in the wrong field.

So it now works for me as well. Thanks for the replies!

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Trying to register
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 01:04:15 AM »
So now everyone is happy.  :)  Glad to hear it.  Problem is finally resolved for everyone.

Colorful Canary

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »
I'm also trying to re-register and it is not working.  I have version 5 free and the registration is listed as expired...When I click "register now" a box pops up "retrieving information please wait"...Then nothing.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 12:13:49 AM »
Nothing has changed in the registration process so dont know why your's would not do it. You also need to hide your email unless you want to be spammed.
But that's the way the UI registration seems to be working.  Needs to be worked on.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

maryannob

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 02:52:24 AM »
I got a message saying my AVAST free antivirus was expiring and it took many tries before itbut finally allowed me to register. The first few attempts went through but I still kept getting the message.

Also, since I registered I have an orange ball and it doesn't move and hasn't given me any auto updates at all. It told me once to do a manual update myself. What gives?

Another problem I had was some things seem to have gotten through and are compromising my hard drive. I got the blue screen several times saying there were errors and that Windows was trying to fix them. Luckily, they were able to fix but I am still having problems.

A friend in the UK updated her free avast and her pc crashed. After trying to fix it they determined it was the new avast antiviurs, so they changed to something else and no problems since.

Do I have to have 5.0 or can I go back to what I had? I don't want my pc to crash. I am using Windows Vista Home.