Author Topic: Avast 5.1 right click scan doesn't work anymore  (Read 3581 times)

sonew

Avast 5.1 right click scan doesn't work anymore
« on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
My avast 5 was working fine until, I decided to try new avast 6 beta and right click scan wasn't working (Its still beta I understand) so I switched back to Avast 5 and now right click scan is not working in avast 5 too I've tried reinstalling and updating but it is just not working. whenever I scan with right click nothing happens. now what to do?

zerotox

Re: Avast 5.1 right click scan doesn't work anymore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »
I've had similar problems and this is what works for me - after installing Avast, even if doesn't prompt you to restart, restart your computer and then try again the right-click scan. It should work.

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:10 AM »

Welcome to the forums, sonew   :)

In addition to zerotox's suggestion, you might also try a repair of avast.

To do a repair of avast :

For XP -

Control panel  >  Add/remove programs  >  click once on avast to select it  >  click on Change/Remove  >  scroll down the left pane and click on repair  >  click OK  >  follow directions.

For W7 -

Control Panel  >  Programs  >  Programs and Features  >  click on avast  >  click on Uninstall/Change  >  click on Repair from the left pane  >  then follow the steps.

sonew

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
I've had similar problems and this is what works for me - after installing Avast, even if doesn't prompt you to restart, restart your computer and then try again the right-click scan. It should work.

Yeah it worked thanks