Author Topic: Computer won't boot after update to 5.1.889!!!  (Read 12033 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Computer won't boot after update to 5.1.889!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »
You can try to back to 4.8 or try 6.0 beta
danny96  Going back to 4.8 is just plain stupid and version 6 is a beta and not for the user who does not want potential problem's so it is best and simplest for the op to follow the advice i have given without your interaction thankyou  ::)

mokkaman

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
goto avast settings -- troubleshooting and enable : load avast after other services.. this is recommended because, even if avast hangs/freezes or watever, your windows wil be working fine , and allow u to repair avast, reinstall . . .

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »
goto avast settings -- troubleshooting and enable : load avast after other services.. this is recommended because, even if avast hangs/freezes or watever, your windows wil be working fine , and allow u to repair avast, reinstall . . .
Ho-chi-minh you need to read the whole thread before posting because your post here has nothing to do with the op's issue's.
There seem's to be a compatability problem with the BhS on the op's system and im waiting for them to reply back as to whether the solution i supplied has worked.

imemine

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »
I was having the same problem with Vista, I took vista off my laptop and installed windows 7 ultimate and did a clean install I then installed the free version of avast. 2 days later, when starting up my laptop, the same problem occured, i could sign on to windows, but at that point the screen goes black with only the mouse curser, which I can move around but nothing more.  I was able to get a window up with hitting the shift key a few times and pulled up the control pannel, and was able to do a restore before avast and it booted up perfect.  So, what now? I love avast but for some reason the new version is giving me problems.  Any ideas?  Any suggestions on virus protection programs

thank you

YoKenny

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »
I was having the same problem with Vista, I took vista off my laptop and installed windows 7 ultimate and did a clean install I then installed the free version of avast. 2 days later, when starting up my laptop, the same problem occured, i could sign on to windows, but at that point the screen goes black with only the mouse curser, which I can move around but nothing more.  I was able to get a window up with hitting the shift key a few times and pulled up the control pannel, and was able to do a restore before avast and it booted up perfect.  So, what now? I love avast but for some reason the new version is giving me problems.  Any ideas?  Any suggestions on virus protection programs
Please start your own topic by using NEW TOPIC and stay in it:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

I see you have:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=70644.msg593482#msg593482
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:06:40 PM by YoKenny »