Author Topic: (RESOLVED) HTTPS only allowed  (Read 13790 times)

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: HTTPS only allowed
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
Gopher,
The only firewall I have is the win7 one.  Once I upgraded this pc to win7, I switched to Avast.  The only programs I use are CCleaner, IObit (advanced system care/360security/smart defrag) and malwarebytes.

IObit is likely the source of your problems.  At the top of this forum is a Search button.  Do a search on IObit.  It will be quite enlightening. :D

You can try adding the exceptions to the Windows Firewall.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »
Should have asked what other security software you had in the beginning, you need to get rid of iobit ASC as this program does not get along with avast, plus the fact that they are an untrustworth company and you should not waste disc space on it, if you want a good defrag tool get defraggler by piriform same company that make's ccleaner.
Delet iobit via programs and feature's and run the uninstall tool in safe mode http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/ number 17 on the list.
You dont need to add exceptions or rules for avast to the windows firewall.

tiro12

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
Update:
Still no luck. I uninstalled everything IOBit.  It still instantly allows me access once I turn web shield off.  I also noticed the thread that advised checking in the registry for TEMP/TMP values (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=57443.0)  The lines are there so nothing on that end either. 

Any other tips/words of advice out there?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:29:46 AM by tiro12 »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 06:55:16 AM »
IOBIT ASC may have damaged avast so try a repair first but if no luck there i suggest a clean install of avast.

tiro12

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 03:13:41 AM »
Clean install and still the web shield is killing my connections.  Sigh... very frustrating.

tiro12

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »
Bump. has there been any new changes to Avast that address my problem?

Hermite15

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
Bump. has there been any new changes to Avast that address my problem?

what problem ???
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:07:14 PM by Logos »

tiro12

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 02:12:39 PM »
Anyone able to help with any different ideas? If you read the thread (Logos...), I have done most trouble shooting measures already with no success.

area51

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »
Anyone able to help with any different ideas? If you read the thread (Logos...), I have done most trouble shooting measures already with no success.
do you use norton 360?!

Hermite15

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
that's an almost obvious case of the web shield being denied internet access (explaining why https works)... no idea why it does that on your system, if it's indeed the web shield doing that. What do you want tus to tell you, 99% of people don't see that happen. There's nothing else I can suggest but uninstalling Avast + any other security software that you have, reboot, and do an install from scratch. And don't touch (don't know if you ever did...) the redirection ports for the web shield:

Code: [Select]
80,8080,8091,8081,8008,8888,3124,3127,3128 this is the default (found in general settings section, troubleshooting part). + keep ignore local communication checked. Check your proxy if you use one... probably not... reset your router to default etc... check your browser settings...

You got something on your system that blocks the web shield >>> it's not the web shield blocking http, it's something blocking the web shield in the first place, resulting in no internet access as your browser expects the web shield proxy to work.

tiro12

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 01:32:27 AM »
The thing is logos, there are several people with this issue, we all happen to have win 7.  We all have tried reinstalling.  I have checked my router, i don't go through a proxy and only use windows firewall that is default by win 7.

Nesivos

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 02:49:41 AM »
Do you know if the access problem occurs the first time that you try and access a URL or only on subsequent attempts to access it after a reboot?

If the website is only blocked on subsequent attempts to access it is it possible for you to view a HTTP URL before it is blocked and then after it is blocked to see if they are identical?

Offline Cast

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 04:22:07 AM »
when ive not been able to use http, the first thing i try to troubleshoot connections is open Internet Explorer, open tools, Internet Options, head to the last tab(Advanced) and hit the reset button at the bottom. Thats not usually the case for me, most of the time it was the Modem(a really old one from qwest). The only thing after connections settings and modems the next thing i think of is malware of some kind.

This is only a suggestion, i have no idea what could be causing the problems and only suggesting what i try first.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:23:43 AM by Castayr »

tiro12

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »
Nesivos, it occurs some time after I access the internet.  The timing the shut down happens is totally random.  All I can say is eventually it will happen and the only way to stop is to disable web shield or keep on rebooting my machine.

Nesivos

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
Nesivos, it occurs some time after I access the internet.  The timing the shut down happens is totally random.  All I can say is eventually it will happen and the only way to stop is to disable web shield or keep on rebooting my machine.

Sorry but that is not what I asked.

I asked if it occurs the first time that you visit a site after accessing the Net or only on subsequent visits to a website.