Author Topic: tfsmrmsg.iso?  (Read 2297 times)

NewbieAvastUser

tfsmrmsg.iso?
« on: February 07, 2011, 05:28:30 AM »
I searched for files to clean up, such as CD images.  I found the following:
  • -rwxrwx---+ 1 Administrators SYSTEM 614400 Aug  3  2004 /c/Program Files/Sonic/DLA/install/tfsmrmsg.iso
  • -rwx------+ 1 ????????       None   614400 Aug  3  2004 /c/WINDOWS/system32/dla/tfsmrmsg.iso
I did a search on Google and Google Groups.  A disturbing proportion of hits were security/virus related.  One, which I think was at Wilder Security, faked a scan of my computer.  I tried to navigate away, but a window popped up asking if I really wanted to navigate way.  I closed it and another window popped up to install an exe file (which I declined of course).  To avoid these repeated popups, I went to a task manager to kill the firefox process tree.

Currently, I am going through a process of scanning with Avast, SpybotS&D, and MalwareBytes.  I suspect that nothing happened, because I've encountered this kind of fake scanning webpage before and asked about it on antimalware forums before.  However, I'm wondering how else to find out about the iso file (same filename, both instances).  Is it safe to delete?