Author Topic: Avast Free registration !  (Read 51349 times)

ismaildadi

Avast Free registration !
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:51:04 PM »
I downloaded the avast trial mode and received the free License Key from avast for one year but could not activate it as avast requires an activation code not a key. Help Me !

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Free registration !
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:54:19 PM »
On-line registration is very simple and it's the preferred method for all users of avast Free Antivirus 5.x installed on a computer with standard Internet connectivity. To perform on-line registration follow these steps:

http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=459

ismaildadi

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:30:11 AM »
Thank you very much for the kind reply, I have checked it before but the problem is that I do not get the option of REGISTRATION INFORMATION when I right click on the orange avast icon in my tray instead I get SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION and when i open the same I do not get to enter the key.

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:46:15 AM »
Are you sure you don't have the correct section hidden?  You can expand/compress each sub-section of Avast!'s UI by clicking on the bars, see attachments
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:54:06 AM by Gargamel360 »

ismaildadi

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:11 AM »
Yup i get the same screen option but the key which i got from avast 1 year free subscription is C46060119H1200A0013 and i cannot enter the whole in it ?

Gargamel360

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 01:59:10 AM »
There is more than one way.  Pretty sure clicking on "Insert License" button should let you browse to wherever you have the license saved to activate.  If I remember right, you could also drag n' drop the license.

btw, where or how did you get this free license, if you don't mind me asking?

ismaildadi

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 05:49:28 PM »
Well i got the license from Avast website and the problem still exist and is not solved yet. I have tried the best i can.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
Yup i get the same screen option but the key which i got from avast 1 year free subscription is C46060119H1200A0013 and i cannot enter the whole in it ?

If you are getting the same screen, then you aren't using the avast free version, but the AIS (Avast Internet Security) trial and you can't enter the free license in that, you have to have purchased the AIS license to be able to insert the key (a license file).

The free avast version registration screen looks like this, see image.

If you don't have this then you haven't got the free version, but the one in the Title of the avastUI. So you can't register a paid option with the free license, you have to uninstall the trial version and install the avast free version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Neil Parks

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:23:33 PM »
My registration needs to be renewed in the next few days, and the process is not working.

I open Avast and I see a screen that says "Your registration--registration about to expire".

I click on "register now" and I get a popup that says "retrieving information--please waiy".

So I wait.  And I wait.

Eventually the screen turns pure white.  I wait some more, and then the "Your registration--registration about to expire" screen returns.

>:( ??? :'(

Nesivos

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 04:35:02 PM »
I downloaded the avast trial mode and received the free License Key from avast for one year but could not activate it as avast requires an activation code not a key. Help Me !

You said that you downloaded a the "avast trial mode".  However you didn't say from where.

The you said that you got a "free license key"

I don't believe that there is there is such a thing as a "free license key".

There is an "activation code" for the Avast Free Anti-Virus.

It sounds to me that you might be confused.

If you download a "Trial Version" then the trial is free for thirty days at which time you have to purchase a "license key".

If you download the "Free Version" then you get an "activation code" good for one year.

doktornotor

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:53:17 PM »
My registration needs to be renewed in the next few days, and the process is not working.
I open Avast and I see a screen that says "Your registration--registration about to expire".
I click on "register now" and I get a popup that says "retrieving information--please waiy".
So I wait.  And I wait.
Eventually the screen turns pure white.  I wait some more, and then the "Your registration--registration about to expire" screen returns.

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall the proper version you have license for.

Neil Parks

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »
Please define "proper version".

The version I have is 6.0.1000.  When I run the Update, I'm told that that is the current version.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:50:30 PM by Neil Parks »

doktornotor

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »

version you have license for. (Free or Pro or AIS).

In case you have further problems then attach a screenshot showing the problem because your descriptions are extremely hard to understand and after 11 posts we STILL do not know which Avast product are you installing.  :(

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »
Proper Version = Free / Pro / AIS depending on what licence you have.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Neil Parks

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »

version you have license for. (Free or Pro or AIS).

In case you have further problems then attach a screenshot showing the problem because your descriptions are extremely hard to understand and after 11 posts we STILL do not know which Avast product are you installing.  :(

Who made 11 posts?  I did not.  My first post to this thread was today.  This post is my third.

My product is Avast 6 Free.

I tried to post a screenshot but the Attach function is not working for me in Firefox 4.0.