Author Topic: Requested license FILE for managed network client version of Avast AV 4 Pro  (Read 4293 times)

richardstevenhack

We installed the managed client version of Avast AV 4 Pro on our 22 machines last November under the demo license.

Now we wish to install the license we purchased. I went to the ADNM Maintenace utility but it says we need a "license FILE", not just a license KEY. All we got in our email from Element 5 via the Avast Online Store was a license key. My client did the ordering.

So I hunted around and according to the Knowledgebase we're supposed to go to the License Request Form page. So I went to that page and there was a place for the License Key and the email address. I input the license key and used my email (I'm a consultant to the client). The page sent me an email saying we have to use the original order email. So I tried it again using the client's email address. However, checking his Outlook I don't see any emails with a license file.

Now when I go to the license request page, all I see is the email address, not a place to input the License Key.

How can my client obtain a license file? If he just puts in his email address without the license key, will he get a license file or just another license key?

dynamic

I got mine from sales when I added more licenses to my existing set - sales@avast.com.  If they can't help, support@avast.com will.  The license file is indeed different than the key for individual machines.

richardstevenhack

OK, the client tried it again today and got the license file. No idea why it didn't work the first time, though. Maybe he used a different email address than the one I think he usually uses for software downloads.