Author Topic: AV Review  (Read 7389 times)

Staind

Re:AV Review
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004, 07:58:37 AM »
The GUI interface or general settings is the only thing that really bugs me about Avast! seems like things are really mis-matched and difficult to locate.  I would suggest cleaning it up a little for Version 4.5, Norton's settings and Mcafees are very simple.

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 12:36:03 PM »
I agree...

They should start to think a better way to set the GUI to be more useful and easy to understand...
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2004, 01:10:26 PM »
If i would design the interface i'd move everything from Enhanced interface to the On-Access Screen and use multiple tabs instead of Outlook looking sidebar. So the difference between Home and Pro would be the number of these tabs (Home will lack most of them). This would be quiet easy to design and it would be in one easy accessable place. I'd also remove that Detailed and less detailed On-Access menu and replace it with only Detailed one and simply add one controller that would move all sliders at the same time to Normal or High sensitivity.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2004, 04:00:51 PM »
If i would design the interface i'd move everything from Enhanced interface to the On-Access Screen and use multiple tabs instead of Outlook looking sidebar. So the difference between Home and Pro would be the number of these tabs (Home will lack most of them). This would be quiet easy to design and it would be in one easy accessable place. I'd also remove that Detailed and less detailed On-Access menu and replace it with only Detailed one and simply add one controller that would move all sliders at the same time to Normal or High sensitivity.

1. I would agree, that as people need most help when setting up the on-access scanners, help should be available from there. I have mentioned this before but I believe the help file should be available from the right click (context sensitive) menu and from the avast icon in the system tray.

2. The greyed out functions in the menu have as these forums attest caused confusion, with many posts 'why can't I select' or 'why is the xxxx function greyed out.'  Tabs that only appear for the relevant version would (I believe) negate some of that.

3. The detailed on-access view should be always on by default ensures users have easy access to all on-access providers, not just the one last selected.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 04:06:54 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security