Author Topic: Avast free addition for other mail clients  (Read 4703 times)

Rayco1au

Avast free addition for other mail clients
« on: September 05, 2004, 12:52:19 AM »
Dear Madam/Sir,

i would like to know how long before avast free addition will be able to look after more than job MS email clients?

Eg i am testing new email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora and others.

raycox1@dodo.com.au

inthewildteam

Re:Avast free addition for other mail clients
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 01:22:24 AM »
Dear Madam/Sir,

i would like to know how long before avast free addition will be able to look after more than job MS email clients?

Eg i am testing new email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora and others.

raycox1@dodo.com.au

Works just fine with Thunderbird Ray (that's the email client I use)

I'm sure a search on here will reveal the home edition's support for many non Micro$oft email clients and how to set them up to work with Avast!

Welcome to the forums!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 01:27:00 AM »
Hi Rayco1au, welcome to the forums.

If you search these forums for these email clients, you will find that they can be supported, some however, may require manual setup.

Check out the User's FAQ, the section on Mail Protection Wizard, it should give you an insight into how to manually setup

Nowadays, the following Internet Mail Clients are supported: MS Outlook (including Outlook 2003), MS Exchange, MS Outlook Express, Eudora, Pegasus Mail, Netscape Mail, Mozilla Mail, IncrediMail and The Bat!

So as you can see it's not just the MS email clients.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 05:19:44 PM »
Welcome to forums !

No, definitely is not just MS clients... I use OE because it's still the best (like it or not), but I'm testing Thunderbird as well, without any problems... search for some older posts I wrote, and you will find on how to set avast! to work with Thunderbird manually...

Cheers !