Author Topic: dvd writer  (Read 3880 times)

Offline krypton

• Poster
dvd writer
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »
hi avast

i have problem in my asus dvd writer. whenever i press button of my dvd writer to put my cd inside that cabinet box, the dvd writer do not comes out. i have to take 1 wire and then i put that wire end in the hole near that dvd writer to open its writer.  it also happens when i eject by right clicking in my computer in my dvd drive menu. i dont know y it do not opens. any solution to fix this?

thank u.
LAPTOP: LENOVO G50, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HARD DISK, AVAST PREMIUM SECURITY 2020, WINDOWS 8.1

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: dvd writer
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
Maybe it's broken ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »
Check if the wires on the back are still connected properly and make sure the contacts are clean.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
hi avast

i have problem in my asus dvd writer. whenever i press button of my dvd writer to put my cd inside that cabinet box, the dvd writer do not comes out. i have to take 1 wire and then i put that wire end in the hole near that dvd writer to open its writer.  it also happens when i eject by right clicking in my computer in my dvd drive menu. i dont know y it do not opens. any solution to fix this?

thank u.

It's likely that the motor has worn out.  Does it close correctly after you manually open it though?

Sometimes the drive door cover gets caught on the drive face (don't have a better choice of words to describe that, sorry) and it requires too much effort for the motor to open, so it gives up.  Try getting a paperclip or something similar and put some pressure down on the drive door a little bit, then try to hit the eject button.  If that doesn't work, try pushing up on the door.  I just fixed a drive door yesterday by doing the same thing.  People thought a disc was stuck, but it was just being a pain in the butt.

If all else fails, go to www.newegg.com and pick up another one, they're very cheap these days.  Just make sure to buy the right kind (IDE or SATA).
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline krypton

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:36 AM »
hi avast

thank u.

It's likely that the motor has worn out.  Does it close correctly after you manually open it though?

Sometimes the drive door cover gets caught on the drive face (don't have a better choice of words to describe that, sorry) and it requires too much effort for the motor to open, so it gives up.  Try getting a paperclip or something similar and put some pressure down on the drive door a little bit, then try to hit the eject button.  If that doesn't work, try pushing up on the door.  I just fixed a drive door yesterday by doing the same thing.  People thought a disc was stuck, but it was just being a pain in the butt.

If all else fails, go to www.newegg.com and pick up another one, they're very cheap these days.  Just make sure to buy the right kind (IDE or SATA).
i just pushed driver door up to close it and then i hit eject button and it closes. but how to open it? it do not opens without putting a thin wire inside that hole.
LAPTOP: LENOVO G50, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HARD DISK, AVAST PREMIUM SECURITY 2020, WINDOWS 8.1

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:31:03 AM by Marc57 »
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
I had a similar experience before with my desktop. As scythe said, it is related to the motor and its belt(I guess?). Best thing would be to replace the drive.

Offline krypton

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 08:38:38 AM »
i asked my hardware engineer. he says that it consists rubber inside it. may be they r loosed. so have to tight that rubber.

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
I had a similar experience before with my desktop. As scythe said, it is related to the motor and its belt(I guess?). Best thing would be to replace the drive.
The belts harden with time.  :'(

Easiest way is to replace the drive.
I have tried to replace the belts but never was successful.

They are easy to replace and inexpensive here.  8)