Author Topic: Outlook XP giving trouble in Windows XP  (Read 2381 times)

salmanm

Outlook XP giving trouble in Windows XP
« on: September 06, 2004, 06:06:57 AM »
Hi everyone,
I am having problems with all the computers that have Windows XP Professional Edition with Office XP Installed. Everything else is working fine except Outlook. It doesnt open in the first place and even if it opens it fails to display Global List.
It opens Global List initially when XP is installed but later it doesnt and error is RPC. I bet RPC is running on that machine and on the server but it just doesnt work.
All other Computers with Windows 2000 Professional are working just perfectly fine.
 Is there anyone who can help me out with this one. I would appreciate your response on this one. :o
Besides i have upgraded it to Outlook 2003 and it works fine but due to some softwares it is required to have Outlook earlier than 2003.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Outlook XP giving trouble in Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 05:43:57 PM »
Why don't you repair your Office installation using Control Panel?
If that does not work, I suggest you to install the last MDAC 2.8 file from Microsoft (http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/a/4/1a47382d-18f3-41d4-b92c-74db27d5944b/MDAC_TYP.EXE)

Hope this help.  8)
The best things in life are free.

salmanm

Re:Outlook XP giving trouble in Windows XP
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 05:29:39 AM »
Thanks for replying.
i have reinstalled the Office as far as had to format the PC too and tried every other Outlook i could find.
It is probably due to the server maybe that is not entertaining the XP machines with Office XP.
Lemme try that link which you have sent me.
Thank again for your reply.
Hope it works 8)