Author Topic: avastsvc.exe "starting" problem  (Read 7763 times)

mokkaman

avastsvc.exe "starting" problem
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
i had problems wit 5.1.889 avast service not starting properly wit windows. it has red x mark always. can even uninstall it, had to goto safe mode uninstall and did a fresh install after using removal tool.. even then the same prob occured avast icon has redx and doesnt start,,, the prev beta 5.1.884 was working fine but its link is dead.. any one can help me wit another working link for it ?? ive already posted twice abt this problem, never got any solution which worked.. pls help 

mokkaman

Re: avastsvc.exe "starting" problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:51 PM »
as avast service doesnt start , windows too doesnt work properly, so i had to uninstall it  , so that i can use internet and post in this forum.. so now i dont have any AV cos of this problem and im highly vulnerable :o :o :o :o..

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »
Do you have any other av installed?
Or did you had one installed?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
Honestly you really need to keep this all in one topic as you are constantly repeating this and it just leads to the same suggestions being offered.

By keeping it in one topic people have all the information in one place and don't have to repeat suggestions already tried and failed.

I see at least 4 different topics you started on this or very similar and it is as confusing as he**, it doesn't help you nor the people trying to help. It just causes repetition, which isn't helping you or those seeking to help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mokkaman

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:16:46 AM »
Do you have any other av installed?
Or did you had one installed?

ive been using avast for 4 years.. i dont have anyother AV and this problem is in .889 build only

mokkaman

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:30:19 AM »
Honestly you really need to keep this all in one topic as you are constantly repeating this and it just leads to the same suggestions being offered.

By keeping it in one topic people have all the information in one place and don't have to repeat suggestions already tried and failed.

I see at least 4 different topics you started on this or very similar and it is as confusing as he**, it doesn't help you nor the people trying to help. It just causes repetition, which isn't helping you or those seeking to help.

the problem of avast service not startin up was common to all xp users in version 5.1.864. so i posted about it and it got resolved in .884 build which was a beta released to fix this problem..
but now after updating to .889 build it started all over again..

hope this would consolidate my posts
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=70820.0
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=69080.msg581072#msg581072

mokkaman

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 01:49:28 AM »
as the latest build doesnt work, temporarily im restricted to old 5.0.677 free version from filehippo.com and its working fine.it would be great if anyone gives me 5.1.884 internet security version or  solve the problem in the latest build..thanks in advance
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:03:35 AM by Ho-chi-minh »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 03:44:06 AM »
The latest build is the version 6 (beta)

Joe S

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:18 AM »
You can probably go to File Hippo and find Build 5.0.677 and revert to that if it worked OK.
Joe

mokkaman

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 06:14:32 AM »
The latest build is the version 6 (beta)

i meant the latest stable build ;)

mokkaman

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 06:23:42 AM »
You can probably go to File Hippo and find Build 5.0.677 and revert to that if it worked OK.
Joe

thanks thats the same thing i did. i have one yr internet security license.. filehippo contains only free version and no AIS.
do any one of u have the setuo of  AIS-5.1.884 ?
i initially downloaded it from http://files.avast.com/files/beta/5.0.874/setup_ais.exe
but now the link is dead.. is there any place where avast stores these setups??

5.1.884 is more slick and faster than 5.0.677 so it would be better if i get that ::)

mokkaman

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 06:41:11 AM »
hi forum members, this thread is one week old and i dint find any solution but only found posts reporting similar problems.. anybody help.. other xp users with 5.1.889 do experience this ? pls say. i tried both repair install and clean install