Author Topic: Can't get Firefox back into virtualized sandbox mode  (Read 3479 times)

Zalynia

Can't get Firefox back into virtualized sandbox mode
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »
Good morning all -

I took Firefox out of the sandbox mode to update Flash Player, but now I can't get it re-virtualized.  I tried going to the Virtualizations Settings and deleting contents of browser, which had fixed it in the past, but no luck.

I did a test and was able to virtualize Chrome, but I vastly prefer Firefox.  And I feel much safer when in the virtualized sandbox.

Any help would be very much appreciated! 

Windows 7, 64 bit, 6 Ram, NVidea GF GTX260, Firefox with adblock, Avast Internet Security V. 5.1.889,  MBAM Pro
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:15:32 AM by Zalynia »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Can't get Firefox back into virtualized sandbox mode
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:30:38 AM »
Do you have FF set to always run in sandbox? If not, you will need to "right" click Firefox and select "run in sandbox" each time.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Zalynia

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:48:08 AM »
Thanks for responding!   But I do keep FF set to always run in sandbox, so that is not the problem.

Any other ideas?

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:08:08 AM »
Maybe check your task manager to see if Firefox's process is still running after you close it out, that one reason for Firefox not wanting to load in sandbox, if it is still running non-virtualized, then it can't happen.

Zalynia

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »
That worked, thank you!!   :)

Gargamel360

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:07:58 PM »
Your welcome, enjoy  :)