Author Topic: No Mail or Web Shields?  (Read 1650 times)

segdef

No Mail or Web Shields?
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:15:43 AM »
Hi,

I just renewed my registration yesterday (for the free version) the only other significant thing was to up grade Adobe Acrobat.  After this I've suddenly found that I have no Web or Mail shield running and they won't start when I click start.  I've been using (and recommending) Avast for over 6 years without a single issue - any ideas?  Program v. 5.0.889  def vers. 110216-1

segdef

Re: No Mail or Web Shields?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
All fixed!  I've run an update, re-booted and all is well!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: No Mail or Web Shields?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 01:26:43 AM »
Hi,

I just renewed my registration yesterday (for the free version) the only other significant thing was to up grade Adobe Acrobat.  After this I've suddenly found that I have no Web or Mail shield running and they won't start when I click start.  I've been using (and recommending) Avast for over 6 years without a single issue - any ideas?  Program v. 5.0.889  def vers. 110216-1
If nyou have completed this thread go to your OP click "modify" in the subject line type "[Resolved]" before the subject.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.