Other > Viruses and worms

my website shown as a virus on avast :(

(1/4) > >>

t0ny0:
Hey guys,

Avast is telling me that my girlfriends website is infected with a trojan horse... and I know for sure that its not (thats my girlfriends website, shes musician..)

I double checked with VirusTotal and its saying that its clean..

Here is a link to VirusTotal results: hXXp://virustotal(DOT)com/url-scan/report.html?id=d014bed8950b7e1329dfe54d0a5c3d2d-1297909952

hXXp://chandaleigh(DOT)com

Any ideas? Or a way to take it down from the "infected" list?

Thanks!

scythe944:
Just to let you know, websites get hacked and infected all the time, so just because your girlfriend is a musician and wouldn't host malware or viruses intentionally, it doesn't mean that someone couldn't exploit a vulnerability in some way and put a virus on it.

That being said, I browsed all over the site and didn't receive any warnings from avast. oh wait, I'm on my linux box.  :-[

um, well, where does the avast warning come up?  The home page or one of the links on the page?

novirusthanks.org's online scanner also says there are no viruses.

t0ny0:
Exactly, I cant find anything that leads me to a virus...

I saw that its a virus from a friends computer, as I am running Ubuntu and it doesnt show anything to me.

It was on main page.

Thank you,
Tony.

scythe944:
Well, I'm sorry that I can't help you much further.  I only know how to submit FP's when they're already in the chest.

I guess you could send an email to virus AT avast.com and tell them in the subject that it's a false positive, along with the URL in the body of the message, but I feel that might be the wrong thing to do.

It's getting quite late and I don't have the energy or the time to search around and find a thread that has False Positive URL submissions in it, but you could search around if you haven't tried yet.

I don't know if the current version of avast will let you submit a webshield warning as a false positive or not, but I think it used to.

*also, just an update, I jumped on my xp laptop and visited the site.  The main page doesn't throw any warnings and I'm using the 6.0.945 beta with 110216-1 definitions.  So, your friends computer might just have an older version or virus definition file loaded on it.  Either that, or they've already fixed the FP.

Hope that helps!

Asyn:

--- Quote from: scythe944 on February 17, 2011, 05:46:41 AM ---It's getting quite late and I don't have the energy or the time to search around and find a thread that has False Positive URL submissions in it, but you could search around if you haven't tried yet.

--- End quote ---

You can report a FP here: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles
asyn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version