Author Topic: Compatibility with PrivateFirewall  (Read 5551 times)

Offline greyowl

Compatibility with PrivateFirewall
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:45:08 PM »
I am wondering if Avast Free is compatible with PrivateFirewall.  Does anyone on the forum use PrivateFirewall.  I would appreciate your experience with it.  Thanks
Dell Laptop, 1.6Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, XPsp3, Avast Free, Windows Firewall

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Compatibility with PrivateFirewall
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:13:21 PM »
There are several avast forum members using it. Avast is compatible with the majority of popular firewalls. When there are problems it is more often a problem with the firewall and not avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 02:18:36 AM »
Privatfirewall is quite good, nice and light on the system and good protection.
Another couple of excellent firewalls are online armor and outpost, wilders security forums are the best place to look for all your information on firewall's http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Daris

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
Yes, I used Private Firewall...Filseclab, Online Armour, Outpost, Ashampoo, Sygate, and Comodo...I now use Windows XP firewall only..with Spywareblaster Spybot, and Avast and have no issues with these 3 ....I found that when using a Commercial Firewall and not the XP one, my computer has lots of issues, and alot of services in the Event viewer stop working and after awhile mess up my system...So I decided to just stick with XP Firewal and if I go on Wireless Comercially I set it to "DO not allow Exceptions"
  But in my searches for the right firewall I found out that Filseclab Firewall Private Firewall, Outpost Firewall, and Comodo without the anti virus and comodo spyware protection all go along good with Avast....I found that the Avast Custom Scan when set to scan auto start programs catches Online Armor 3 or 4 exe files and marks them as a threat in my case autumatically put in the Virus Chest... Private Firewall was OK but after awhile alot of my services through time didn't work and got worse after a few weeks....Comodo in my opinion is the best pssible protection but it takes too long to learn my habits and constantly blocks programs....I guess If I had to have one and stick with it I would definately go with Outpost Firewall...It is low on resources and learns quickly, doesn't constantly ask you, and is more simplified....For now my comp is running excellent with just the Windows XP Firewall, with No Issues whatsoever...Hope I was of help and Good Luck...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 06:16:40 PM »
I am wondering if Avast Free is compatible with PrivateFirewall.

Yes, it is. :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Romagnolo1973

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
used PFW & Avast 6 beta with no issue in my old eeepc

Offline greyowl

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for your experience and information on Private Firewall.  This is very helpful.
Dell Laptop, 1.6Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, XPsp3, Avast Free, Windows Firewall