Author Topic: [Resolved] Behavior Shield Warning  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
[Resolved] Behavior Shield Warning
« on: February 18, 2011, 05:10:49 AM »
Sometimes when I download or open an app I get an "An Untrusted Program Is Trying To Modify A Protected Resource" message. What does this mean? Don't get me wrong I like the improvements to the BeS.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:45:56 AM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline gautam7

Re: Behavior Shield Warning
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
Ya same here i am also geting lots of this warning but the difference is that i m geting it in the stable 5.1.899 version. Well avast developers should do the white listing quickly because i am geting all the warning for legit software. ::)
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »
This is why you are supposed to leave the BsH on allow and not ask, the shield was only first implemented in the 5.1 version's and is in passive mode, basically collecting information for avast to build these whitelist's.
Once the 6 version's come out of beta it should be working properly, but if there is something that is not known by the shield you will still get the alert as this is what it is supposed to do.
If you dont want the alerts either set the shield to allow or add the alerted program or file to the trusted list.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 12:45:24 AM »
Thanks! That's what I thought.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.