Author Topic: Manual install  (Read 4216 times)

jbogut

Manual install
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »
OK - WTF??? How do I install manually to the clients form a server share. The "manual" says just to point my clients to a share and have them click on "setup.exe"....nothing at all happens. This is for remote users who will not pick up group policy so I cannot push it out....need to have them click on something....HELP!!!!

Jan Nabelek

Re: Manual install
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
Use installation task in ADNM console, if you mean "manual install" as manually prepare installation task and target this task onto computer group...

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 06:28:35 AM »
OK - WTF??? How do I install manually to the clients form a server share. The "manual" says just to point my clients to a share and have them click on "setup.exe"....nothing at all happens. This is for remote users who will not pick up group policy so I cannot push it out....need to have them click on something....HELP!!!!

Hi jbogut,

doing the manual installation is very easy, usually creating the msi file for the installation then share the setup.exe file.
"nothing happens?" please take a look at the event viewer, information for the installation should be on event viewer or you can also get the log on the avast management tool folder.

hope this useful to help you.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

jbogut

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
Yep, thanks all for your help.......got it! Manual is sketchy in general it seems.