Author Topic: kaspersky 2011 vs Avast 5.0 too 6.0 ?  (Read 18388 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: kaspersky 2011 vs Avast 5.0 too 6.0 ?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 03:10:07 AM »
i believe avast is better n0 1. :P
but i cant understand why kaspersky is rated number 2 and avast pro isnt rated is kinda wierd
look here http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
are we not known ? or no ones put it up in the listings
It sure is but it is no. 11
Summary:

Overall, the new 5.0 version of Avast Pro Antivirus is a great choice, and certainly one of the best antivirus software available. The software is not only one of the most effective, but also one of the most efficient. We liked the redesigned interface and the new features. And while we would have liked to see a few more features and better product support, we can definitely recommend Avast Pro Antivirus.
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avast-review.html  
Well there you go, look at that :)

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »
Slt toi :)
Mo ti pou recommend toi avast meme parce qui li meme ena plus option ek moins false positive so free la meme assez bon to protege to computer

Et pas faire ban dimoune dans Maurice gagne honter :P

Bizin pas blier li bien light aussi ^^

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »
???
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »
Ermm...talking creole (Native language a mixture of mainly french and english)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Ermm...talking creole (Native language a mixture of mainly french and english)

As you like, but who would understand that..?? ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »
I don't understand this phrase. Maybe: "Calm down"?
Mo ti pou recommend toi avast meme parce qui li meme ena plus option ek moins false positive so free la meme assez bon to protege to computer
Maybe: "I would recommend you to install Avast because it has more options and fewer false positives, and even free version is enough to protect your computer."

I can't understand this part either.
May the FOSS be with you!

Nesivos

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 03:27:13 AM »
CNET ranks AIS #1 among Internet Software Security Suites

Partnering with Google can't hurt :)

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Internet-Security/3000-18510_4-11594899.html

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »
I don't understand this phrase. Maybe: "Calm down"?
Maybe: "I would recommend you to install Avast because it has more options and fewer false positives, and even free version is enough to protect your computer."

I can't understand this part either.
The first one is 'Salut Toi'
And the second one was well translated :)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »
And the second one was well translated :)
Thanks. That part of the message was more "en français" than the rest of it.
May the FOSS be with you!

boymaw123

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
well , Kaspersky Internet Security slows down my internet connection (ping)

ben3236

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
Mmm.Are these guys ok with their minds ? ? ? ???
Avast Pro Antivirus is in the 11 place http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index2.html
And something else!Why did they post Avast Pro Antivirus when Avast IS 6 is way better and has a firewall????
This webpage is the worst.This isn't true.No one uses BitDefender.Its like a tractor.It uses alot of memory also Kaspersky uses alot of ram.My dad uses Kaspersky in his old pc (512mb ram,1.8 GHz)and guess what.He needed to reinstall windows xp because of Kaspersky.Also Avira and AVG are the worst antiviruses!I had long time ago Avira and i thought i was safe!But the other night my pc was full of viruses.I didn't have any cd with antiviruses and the viruses blocked my net.I called my friend he had one Anti Virus.That was Avast Professional 4.8 .When he arived he installed Avast and after 5 mins the pc was clean.This happened to me in 2008!
After my license expired i wanted to try another antivirus.I bought Norton.I felt i was safe!Until again my computer was full with viruses.Yak Norton was the worst.Then i changed to ESET.Well it was better than Norton but sill my computer was infected.I cleaned my pc up completely with Malwarebytes.
Well ESET didn't came as a really good av.So i decided to buy Avast Professional again but i found out about the new internet security.I waited till version 6 came up and i got it finally the best anti-virus!It was the best and also it detected alot of malicious files.The firewall was perfect.Now i still use Avast 6 IS together with Malwarebytes the free version.
In the newest AV-Comperatives tests Avast was the fastest,best and it even doesn't uses alot of memory!
Avast was in anything better than Kaspersky,Eset,Norton and BitDefender.

deathangel123

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »
Well.Kaspersky has Jackie Chan and we don't have him ! :)
Also.You need to ask : What does Avast have that Kaspersky doesn't have? The answer is : Avast has the best protection.It doesn't use alot of ram.It has so many shields.Well this is true.About those review guys.Cant you see that they make up things.Avast Pro????Well they should put Avast Internet Security instead of PRO!

LunarWolf

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 03:31:34 AM »
Kaspersky has better integration with their cloud. Let say, the Kaspersky on your desktop did not update itself yet but Kaspersky cloud (Kaspersky Security Network -KSN)have the encounter that malware, the Kaspersky on your desktop will check with the KSN and issue you a warning on that file IF you are connected to the iternet.

See here. http://www.raymond.cc/forum/spyware-viruses/20538-what-is-your-security-setup-now-56.html#post229707

I personally have never seen that when I was using Kaspersky. But I really hope avast can come up with something like that.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 03:35:14 AM »
Kaspersky has better integration with their cloud. Let say, the Kaspersky on your desktop did not update itself yet but Kaspersky cloud (Kaspersky Security Network -KSN)have the encounter that malware, the Kaspersky on your desktop will check with the KSN and issue you a warning on that file IF you are connected to the Internet.
Comodo has the same feature and check files in the cloud (if the user has an active Internet connection).
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 03:40:02 AM »
Topten reviews are payed for....
This disqualifies the reviews completely imho. I would not lose my time...
The best things in life are free.