Author Topic: Adding a virus to the db  (Read 19503 times)

Pavel Baudis

Re:Adding a virus to the db
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2004, 06:17:03 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Pavel, appreciated.

;D You are welcome!!
But I hope you will understand we can't send such detailed explanations to +500 emails a day  ;) !

Pavel

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2004, 06:32:42 PM »
Many boring and unteresting Trojans are added only occationaly - say once in the month.
Pavel

OK, I'll bite -- what the heck is a "boring and uninteresting" Trojan, especially to someone in your position?  ??? ;D  I assume you mean ones that either don't yet seem to be out ITW, or else they're essentially non-disruptive other than, say, displaying prank messages?
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
OK, I'll bite -- what the heck is a "boring and uninteresting" Trojan, especially to someone in your position?  ??? ;D  I assume you mean ones that either don't yet seem to be out ITW, or else they're essentially non-disruptive other than, say, displaying prank messages?

Most of Trojans are boring and uninteresting  ;D - we receive hundreths of them from other AV companies every month, they were not seen ItW and they bring no danger to our users...

Pavel

lee16

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2004, 07:06:34 PM »
Do other Av companys such as kaspersky hire extra people to reply to virus samples then pavel?

And could there be a sort of automated respons just to let us know the sample arived at its destination?

--lee

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2004, 07:25:47 PM »
Kaspersky simply has more manpower and even Kaspersky sometimes add Malware only if a new Comulative update is released. Not often, but it happens.

BTW: Their respond  is not very informative, just Malware(the name of) or not or if an outbreak took place they make an autorespond with an automatic scan-robot. But thats enough for me, maybe Avast could do that too!?

The respond of CA Etrust is intresting, if sending Malware via their Webpage.
MfG Ralf