Author Topic: Avast! License  (Read 4943 times)

joanlui

Avast! License
« on: September 17, 2004, 06:05:15 AM »
Hi! I have Avast! 4 Professional Edition licensed for ever. This morning a window appeared. It saied my Updates license is going to end! What about that? How Can I receive a new Updates licence? ???

Gene Johnson

Re:Avast! License
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 07:08:26 AM »
As Vlk has said before: just re-register and get a new key. It happens every 14 months.

EDIT: oops, missed the word Professional there. Sorry. :o
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 08:49:06 AM by Gene J »

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 08:16:52 AM »

I think that is a little different in the Pro version. There might be a fee for a new update license in the Pro version.

On the other hand, if you have the trial version of Pro, I think you can get get a free key where it will revert to the Home version.

Maybe someone else will confirm if I am right or wrong.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 09:19:27 AM »
Hi! I have Avast! 4 Professional Edition licensed for ever.
I doubt that is possible. Forever is a very long time and will cost a lot of money ;D

They Avast Pro license is valid for the period you bought. Normally that is for 1, 2 or 3 years. PRICELIST
When the experiation date comes, it will notify you so you have time to get a new license before the current one ends. This way you have time to get the new one while Avast keeps working/updating so you won't run out of protection while waiting for the new license.

If you have installed Avast Pro as trial (60 days) it will tell you the license (trial period) is about to end, so you can decide what you want to do, again without loosing your protection till the time really is up. At this point you have several choices.
1] Buy a license for a certain time (1,2 or 3 years) and keep Avast Pro as av software. (recommended)

2] If you for whatever reason don't want to do nr1, you can obtain the free key for the home version from HERE and use that. Avast Pro will convert itself to home and will fully function as the free HOME version. You will have 14 months free updates after (or better ofcourse, just before) this period is over you can get e new key which gives you another 14 months of free updates.

3] Remove Avast and use somthing else or nothing. (NOT advised ofcourse.)

The choice is yours ;)

note: If you go for the HOME version, you must comply to the license agreement for home use.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 09:24:49 AM by Eddy »

joanlui

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 03:55:08 PM »
As Vlk has said before: just re-register and get a new key. It happens every 14 months.

EDIT: oops, missed the word Professional there. Sorry. :o

Yeah...It's that!