Ahh...it sounds like you have 2 AV's on your system and this is a problem. Comodo and Avast were both on your machine...both AV's. Now you may have corrupt files with Comodo and it sounds like it corrupted Avast.
But another concern is this "Geekbuddy." Have you been surfing without AV protection? It could be malware.
I suggest the following:
1. Install MBAM (Malwarebytes) and run a scan to check for malware:
· Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/
(the blue button) for an on-demand scanner.
· Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
· After install, click update
so you have latest database before scanning.
· Under Settings:
: Automatically Save File After Scan Completes is checked off
o Scanner Settings
: Check all boxes
: Download and install update if available is checked off
· Once the program has loaded, select "Perform FULL
Scan", then click Scan.
· The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
· When the disinfection scan is complete, a log will appear in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note).
· Click the “remove selected” button to quarantine anything found
. You will find the infection details under the Quarantine tab.
· The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
· Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply
2. After your next post, uninstall Comodo via the uninstaller's tool, then reboot your machine.
3. Clean your machine and remnants with CCleaner Slim version http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds
and run the Registry cleaner; make a registry back up in Documents.
4. Reinstall Avast from scratch, then reboot your machine. Register it and update the definitions.
5. Run an Avast Quick scan, then a boot-time scan and report back with your findings. If an infection shows up, put it in the Virus Check (do NOT delete anything!).
In the meantime, stay off the Internet to avoid picking up malware, and if this machine is on a network disconnect it from the network. Do you have any questions?