Author Topic: process Virtualization  (Read 2966 times)

Buckmaster

process Virtualization
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »
Running Avast Pro trial. Process Virtualization not working right,the only way to sandbox a program is to right click on it and run in sand box,that works but nothing shows up in process currently running Virtualization. Also in expert setting options don't work either. In expert you can browse and add process names that works,but when you close the window and reopen all the process you just added are missing. Also if you sandbox Firefox and try to watch any video on Youtube Firefox becomes unstable. I want to buy the program but this must be fixed first. Thank you.   

petusalem

Re: process Virtualization
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »
I can comfirm this too.

W7 Ultimate 32-Bit.

Sir Richard

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
I can confirm this! Also when I run Internet Explorer in "Run Virualized" it works ok.. However, When i add this in expert settings for it to always sandbox IE it runs then crashes internet explorere 32bit and 64bit.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »
There's a bug in 377 Pro build (IS is ok) that GUI cannot communicate with sandbox. Please wait for new program update, workaround: use right-click context menu to run applications in/outside sandbox. Thanks.

Buckmaster

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
Thanks PK as long as the Avast team knows about this. I can't run IE 8 in sandbox at all,IE8 won't even open for me. FireFox is my default browser maybe that's why not sure yet. I hope Avast can get this working not to interested in the running Avast security suite. Running Online Armor firewall right now because of there online banking mode and liking it. Thanks guys

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »
Buckmaster: what's your OS? Thanks.

Buckmaster

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 07:07:06 PM »
my system 32 bit running Vista home premium if that helps.

Sir Richard

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
I am running Internet Security and can assure you it is not ok, it too has the same issue as Pro where I can not run programs in sanbox but I can through right click.

Once the ability to create a multiple list of programs through Sandbox has been fixed then I can look at purchasing a full licence. Until then I will have to keep the Trial program.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:22:27 PM by Sir Richard »

happig

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »
Hello all, I'm running a registered version of Avast Internet Security 5.1.889 on a 2xDual-Core AMD64, WinXP64Pro with SSD. None of the process virtualizations work.  The right click "sandbox" context menu option is never there (But the Avast Scan option is).  I can open the Process Virtualization expert settings and modify them all day long but when I go back all the boxes go back to being unchecked.  Plus, I can't get it to run anything even when I click on "Run a Virtualized Process" and select a program.

Can I get this to work or is my problem related to the known issue in this thread?

Thanks