Author Topic: How do you reinstall Avast?  (Read 6251 times)

megaman04

How do you reinstall Avast?
« on: September 17, 2004, 06:20:17 PM »
I helping a friend with her Avast program on her computer. I found out that the skin was missing and wasn't able to scan for viruses, etc. I posted a help message and got some good advice. I was advised to uninstall Avast and reinstall it again. I uninstalled Avast and when I tried to reinstall from the Avast website, I get booted off. Her internet provider keeps disconnecting so I'm not able to download Avast. Is there an easier way to do it? Also I probably shouldn't have uninstalled Avast. I think all she needed was a download on the skin. But I have to reinstall Avast again, but I'm having the above problem. Any suggestions? Thanks....Megaman....

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:How do you reinstall Avast?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 06:43:04 PM »
The skin cannot be missing. Default one is ALWAYS present even if you deselect Skins under Custom installation. The problem must be elsewhere.
Did you get any error which confirms that skins are the problem?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

megaman04

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 09:38:19 PM »
The skin cannot be missing. Default one is ALWAYS present even if you deselect Skins under Custom installation. The problem must be elsewhere.
Did you get any error which confirms that skins are the problem?

No I didn't get an error for skins. The rectangular box that used to appear which enables me to choose an area to scan and to commence the scan no longer appears. So I'm not able to scan for viruses. Anyways, I already uninstalled the Avast program, so the above is a moot point. I'm just trying to figure out how to reinstall Avast from their website. The free home edition is available, but my friend's computer keeps getting booted off so I can't help her to reinstall Avast. It's going to take an hour to reinstall according to the message, but like I said, I keep getting booted offline. Is there a CD available to download the Avast program? If not, how do I reinstall Avast again? I didn't do the original install. I'm just helping her out. Looks like I need some help myself. Any Avast gurus out there? Thanks.....megaman.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 09:40:06 PM by megaman04 »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 09:43:36 PM »
Hm,can you download my avast! External Control program.
Run it on her machine,use avast! Status Info function and then click Dump to log button. This will create a log file on her desktop.
You just have to attach that log into this thread. I hope i'll get any useful info from it.
Thanks
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 01:43:11 PM »
The best things in life are free.

megaman04

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 04:47:17 PM »
Hm,can you download my avast! External Control program.
Run it on her machine,use avast! Status Info function and then click Dump to log button. This will create a log file on her desktop.
You just have to attach that log into this thread. I hope i'll get any useful info from it.
Thanks

Thanks RejZor for your advice. I forgot to check this post for any responses, but in the meantime I got some advice from another post and that was to save the avast setup file to the hard drive. I did that and was able to reinstall avast on my friend's computer. So now things are running fine. Thanks again for looking out for me.... Mega