Author Topic: major issues with new purchase.  (Read 1822 times)

Violence.

major issues with new purchase.
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
well i finally updated what i thought was a good program from my previous install of avast 4 to the new version available. paid $50 for this program to get nothing. no email links work. cannot install license number into old avast version. cannot remove old avast version as it froze itself into a protection state and i cannot remove it to install my new version. ive been through every config file, link, email section, link on website i can find. i cannot find a phone number for any kind of technical support on this issue and im about to dispute the paypal payment i made. this is not what i expected at all from a company i hear good things about.

had i known this would happen i would have stayed with nortons.

Violence.

Re: major issues with new purchase.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
one i thing i forgot to mention is i did purchase the internet security package, and my previous version was a free trial that expired some time ago. and i do not have a product code for it. nor can i find one. and i cannot install the new version until the old version is gone.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »
Hi Violence,

sorry to hear about the problems.

First, what version of avast do you have installed? 4.x?

I'd suggest removing the version by using the avast Uninstall Utility available from the following location: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

and then installing the latest version 6.0 from scratch.

By the way, you said you bought the product via PayPal? Where did you buy it from, exactly?
Was it the official avast online store? (operated by Digital River)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Violence.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:04:54 PM »
the removal tool would not work. after about an hour in safe mode i got it uninstalled and got the new internet security package installed and working. took 3 hours total to get it installed.

i purchased it through the main website link form my previous version. took me directly to the main store and i purchased from there.

but all the emails i received with my purchase no links from the emails worked. maybe 2 out of about 20. could not put in for a customer support ticket from the website. i did not have permission. total nightmare installing this program.