Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Avast 6 cause my game can't run  (Read 11293 times)

Yance

[RESOLVED] Avast 6 cause my game can't run
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »
Hi.., just install avast 6. But i'm very sad cause my game (http://pb.gemscool.com/index.php?act=7&sub=1) can't run. I have try disable the avast service, but still not work. So i try to unistall avast 6, and the game can run again.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:01:00 AM by Yance »

doktornotor

Re: Avast 6 cause my game can't run
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:31:33 AM »
Hi.., just install avast 6. But i'm very sad cause my game (http://pb.gemscool.com/index.php?act=7&sub=1) can't run.

The link does not work at all.

Yance

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
Hi.., just install avast 6. But i'm very sad cause my game (http://pb.gemscool.com/index.php?act=7&sub=1) can't run.

The link does not work at all.

Please check your isp, i can open the link without any problem. Or try the main site: www.gemscool.com

doktornotor

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
Please check your isp, i can open the link without any problem. Or try the main site: www.gemscool.com

My ISP is quite fine, in fact I've tried with multiple ISPs. And no, the main site doesn't work either - all I'm getting are connection resets regardless of ISP and browser used.  ::)

Yance

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »

My ISP is quite fine, in fact I've tried with multiple ISPs. And no, the main site doesn't work either - all I'm getting are connection resets regardless of ISP and browser used.  ::)

I'm sorry. I just remembered that this site blocks all ip from outside Indonesia. There is a mirror download link but it under construction (http://www.gameqq.net/component/jdownloads/?task=viewcategory&catid=23).

doktornotor

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »
I'm sorry. I just remembered that this site blocks all ip from outside Indonesia.

Extremely stupid and annoying. :-X

There is a mirror download link but it under construction (http://www.gameqq.net/component/jdownloads/?task=viewcategory&catid=23).

Well, it's sloooooow like hell from here. Anyway, at least loaded, but indeed "under construction" and can't download anything from there. If you can't upload the game somewhere (like, Megaupload, Rapidshare or whatever) then I'm afraid noone's going to be able to help you.  :(

Yance

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
Well, it's sloooooow like hell from here. Anyway, at least loaded, but indeed "under construction" and can't download anything from there. If you can't upload the game somewhere (like, Megaupload, Rapidshare or whatever) then I'm afraid noone's going to be able to help you.  :(

I think so, but the game publisher also block all ip from outside indonesia to play the game  :-[ But, fyi this game use hackshield to protect their game. And in game log file i find that hackshield update fail.

doktornotor

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »
I think so, but the game publisher also block all ip from outside indonesia to play the game  :-[ But, fyi this game use hackshield to protect their game. And in game log file i find that hackshield update fail.

Well... good luck with that then. You can try to disable shields one by one and see if it helps. The whole thing sounds extremely suspicious, I'd personally just avoid the game, for sure I wouldn't install it outside sandbox here. Anyway, cannot test the thing at all, not really planning to move to Indonesia ATM ::)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:03:19 AM by doktornotor »

Yance

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
Extremely stupid and annoying. :-X
This is their notice:

"Notified to the users Gemscool game that we have closed access from abroad to play games from Gemscool. This is because Gemscool exclusive license and is intended only for the user in the territory of Indonesia"

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 01:31:37 PM »
Hi Yance,

please can you try this workaround?
- open avast! UI | behavioral shield | expert settings
- uncheck monitor the system for unathorized modifications and save

Please let me know, if your game now works.

I will try to contact game developers, negotiate with them exceptions so I can start this game from our environment outside Indonesia.

Yance

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »
Hi Yance,

please can you try this workaround?
- open avast! UI | behavioral shield | expert settings
- uncheck monitor the system for unathorized modifications and save

I will try to contact game developers, negotiate with them exceptions so I can start this game from our environment outside Indonesia.
Thank you, i'll try your suggest.

gblu

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
CMIIW, in international server, the game is called Project Blackout. http://pb.ntreev.net
In Indonesia, we called it Point Blank a.k.a PB.  I dont know if the international one use the same hackshield like indonesian server, but maybe it helps  ;)

I dont play Point Blank, so i dont know. I play AyoDance Online (Audition Online for outside Indonesia) that use Hackshield too, but no problem. I remember avast! version 5.1.864 was conflicted with GameGuard (and crashed my Lineage2) Now the GameGuard problem is solved. Maybe now with Hackshield too?

Yance

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 04:05:27 PM »

No, it still doesn't works.

Yance

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
CMIIW, in international server, the game is called Project Blackout. http://pb.ntreev.net
In Indonesia, we called it Point Blank a.k.a PB.  I dont know if the international one use the same hackshield like indonesian server, but maybe it helps  ;)

I dont play Point Blank, so i dont know. I play AyoDance Online (Audition Online for outside Indonesia) that use Hackshield too, but no problem. I remember avast! version 5.1.864 was conflicted with GameGuard (and crashed my Lineage2) Now the GameGuard problem is solved. Maybe now with Hackshield too?

Thank you :)

Yance

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 12:59:20 AM »
New update of avast 6 has fix the problem. Thank you all and avast team!