Author Topic: 3rd Selection UI Error in v6.0.1000  (Read 1992 times)

DeeZaster

3rd Selection UI Error in v6.0.1000
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:45:36 AM »
When I click on Real-Time Shields/File Sytem Shield and then Expert Settings I get the Actions window to popup.  Then clicking on Actions on the left column, I see the Virus/Pup/Suspicious settings I'm having an issue with one option having to be set twice.

First click on the Virus tab and this ONLY applies to the 3rd action, if I try and change it to anything the pull down window shrinks to the length of the available setting words there and then I must click my choice again.  Also note that the first click doesn't actually change the setting, only the 2nd click will keep.  You also have to move the mouse to the left for it to shrink on the first click, or you need to double click to set it.  This applies to all 3 tabs (Virus/PUP/Suspicious).  Here is a screenshot:

I've noticed this bug in the last few builds and on the current one to todays date.  I would have liked to post this in the BETA section but doesnt seem I'm allowed to start a new topic.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: 3rd Selection UI Error in v6.0.1000
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:00:21 PM »
Confirmed. It acts this way (in some cases).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:59:05 PM »
I can recall that Vlk or Igor mentioned if you select Ask as your first action, the next action should be No Action.

Presumably this is because the Ask action shouldn't fail and the way I see it is that any other action (other than No Action should come before Ask, as this is if the first action doesn't work do the second, if the second fails do the third action, e.g. Repair, Move to chest, Ask.

I have all my settings First action to Ask and the second No Action as the first action shouldn't fail.

So I don't know if this logic would somehow make any difference when you have Ask as the first option and you continue down to the third option. Once toy choose No Action as the Second action, the third option box is removed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

doktornotor

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
I'd say the entire point of this post is to point out that the third drop-down menu width is not consistent with the length of the text options in the menu (a.k.a. cosmetic issue/bug) ;)