Author Topic: Outlook Mail Protection Wizard Question. HELP PLEASE!  (Read 3240 times)

TexasWildFlower

Outlook Mail Protection Wizard Question. HELP PLEASE!
« on: September 10, 2004, 09:27:27 PM »
I had to repair my home version 4.1 and when I did it restarted everything evidently.  It was like I had never used it.  Now when I try to send emails in Outlook Express it tells me to configure it with the Mail Protection Wizard.

When I go through Start, Programs, Avast antivirus---There is NO Email Wizard protection option.  

I really need help asap!   I am on pain meds from a surgery and need to send these emails asap as I shouldn't be up at the computer too long.  

Someone please help me.  I don't have time to try to read all the threads to find this answer.  I did start trying to read some, but they are way too lengthy and I didn't find my answer.

TIA

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Outlook Mail Protection Wizard Question. HELP PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 09:42:21 PM »
I had to repair my home version 4.1 and when I did it restarted everything evidently.

You mean in the past (had) or in the present (have)?
If you repair your installation it should work...

When I go through Start, Programs, Avast antivirus---There is NO Email Wizard protection option.

Just run C:\Program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashPopWz.exe
or make a link to it  ;)

I really need help asap!   I am on pain meds from a surgery and need to send these emails asap as I shouldn't be up at the computer too long.  
Someone please help me.  I don't have time to try to read all the threads to find this answer.  I did start trying to read some, but they are way too lengthy and I didn't find my answer.

Well, user's time worth something I suppose  :-[
Close your email program and run Mail Protection Wizard as above.
Good luck.
Keep us informed if this helped  ;)
The best things in life are free.

TexasWildFlower

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 10:06:54 PM »
 :D  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

You are my hero, whoever you are!   I do appreciate you FAST reply.   The world needs more helpful people like you.  Yes, it obviously fixed it.

Yes, I did use the repair feature and I would have thought it would have taken care of this issue too.  Even though it wasn't an issue until I had to repair Avast.

Now I can go recuperate and not worry that my communications han't gone through.

Virtual Hugs!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 10:36:04 PM »
 :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[
Wellcome to avastland!  ;)

Try to come back and help the others if you could...
I wish your health be good after the surgery  8)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 10:41:48 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.