Author Topic: Avast! 6 license has expired! I'm having a panic attack!  (Read 18149 times)

pixo45

Re: Avast! 6 license has expired! I'm having a panic attack!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
I'm only 15, i can't pay stuff online.
Use the excellent free protection that avast can give you.

where can i download it?

pixo45

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »

Well, pardon me but that's absolutely no excuse for piracy.  ::)

As said - use the free version  or - Locate Avast! dealer and ask your parents to pay for it.

okay, ill download the free version, but isn't there a limit on the free version? that doesn't make it free at all!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »
where can i download it?
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

doktornotor

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can perfectly fine locate the download on Avast homepage yourself if you have been able to get a pirated license via Youtube and download the paid version.

And kindly use MODIFY link in the top-right corner of your post in case you need to add something or change your post.

YoKenny

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 08:12:36 PM »

Well, pardon me but that's absolutely no excuse for piracy.  ::)

As said - use the free version  or - Locate Avast! dealer and ask your parents to pay for it.

okay, ill download the free version, but isn't there a limit on the free version? that doesn't make it free at all!
You are 15 and have a lot to learn. ;)
Yes its Free for a year and you have to renew every year.

pixo45

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
where can i download it?
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.

okay ill boot it up in safe so i can uninstall avast!, but isn't that too risky? because i won't have any virus protection, only the zonearlam firewall.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »
okay ill boot it up in safe so i can uninstall avast!, but isn't that too risky? because i won't have any virus protection, only the zonearlam firewall.
Download first, disconnect, install, connect.
The best things in life are free.

pixo45

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 01:20:34 AM »
ok thanks.

Offline jason7619

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »
You don't have to go to such efforts...just use the freeware version. If you need a firewall there are lots of freeware versions out there that are quite good. If you need to augment AvastFree with antimalware/spyware there are also freeware versions there. The components that the Pro/AIS version that isn't available can be had with freeware combinations. Take a look around the forums in the net...wilderssecurity.com is one good forum, there are many others that you can check and help you out. As doktornoktor said, That is not an excuse...kid.

Goodluck:)
Avast IS 19.8  /  Malwarebytes Premium / Windows 10 x64 Build 1903 / AMD A10 Processor desktop with R9 Graphics 32GB Ram.