Author Topic: How to setup avast Virus Alerts?  (Read 2729 times)

Yance

How to setup avast Virus Alerts?
« on: February 26, 2011, 01:49:40 AM »
I just noticed about avast virus alerts feature. What should I fill in the "Send to" field if i choose "Network message (WinPopup)" in "Send Via" field? Whether the ip address or computer name or...?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to setup avast Virus Alerts?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 02:17:07 AM »
Personally I have never got this (email notification) to work in almost seven years of using avast and I have tried it several times, only as a result of someone enquiring about it once again.

If this is your computer there is no real point in sending yourself an email. Generally this is you look after your children's/parents computer/s.

Send Via, is how you want the notification to be sent, E-Mail (SMTP/MAPI), Printers or Network message (WinPopup).

I have tried yet again to get the email notification to work and this time I can't even get the test to run.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How to setup avast Virus Alerts?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:22:42 AM »
Personally I have never got this (email notification) to work in almost seven years of using avast and I have tried it several times, only as a result of someone enquiring about it once again.
+1 :'(
The best things in life are free.