Author Topic: Version 6 killed Comodo  (Read 8243 times)

MAG

Re: Version 6 killed Comodo
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »
If two Antivirus are in realtime protection that may always a problem to run which is in higher priority. Simply select only firewall in Comodo, then make a flexible in your system.
The OP already said he is only using comodo FW
Thank you for your response.

Using version 3.0.25.378 firewall only....Defense+ is disabled.

Xr1Xs

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 02:27:39 PM »
I already tried v5.0 of Comodo, with WinXP SP3, and found it easy to use and custom-install with just the firewall only.

Daris

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »
I tried Comodo just the firewall ...TOTALLY HATED IT!! I had so many errors on my comp in my Event viewer, and the longer and harder I tried things just got worse...Comodo in my opinion is probably the best out there, but it definately blocks everything on your computer...before you know it half my applications weren't running, the computer got slower everytime I rebooted and every day...If I kept it longer I would probably have crashed the System...I have been without it now for about 6 months and not even 1 error in my event viewer for the last 6 months....Just my oinion if anyone cares...

MAG

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
I tried Comodo just the firewall ...TOTALLY HATED IT!! I had so many errors on my comp in my Event viewer, and the longer and harder I tried things just got worse...Comodo in my opinion is probably the best out there, but it definately blocks everything on your computer...before you know it half my applications weren't running,
Never had a problem with comodo FW. Comodo D+ HIPS can certainly block your applications from running, but you can disable it. The latest version seems a lot quieter (I guess it has a better whitelist than it used to).

street_lethal

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »
So far since updating to SP1 on my Windows 7 Pro x64 machine a few days ago and updating to Avast 6 I have had issues with several firewalls. PC Tools Firewall 7 had either an issue with Avast or SP1 or likely both, could not connect over TCP, web browsing was dead, downloads would freeze. It worked fine pre SP1.

I tried Privatefirewall(the latest version), it would connect fine but for some reason on reboot I could not click on anything in it's GUI to make changes.

I tried for the hell of it even though I hate it Comodo 5.3(whatever the latest version is)and I could not connect over TCP with the Avast web shield enabled. Web browsing was dead. I had all of Comodo's defense garbage disabled.

Now i'm using Online Armor Free 4.5.1.431 and knock on wood nothing is F'd up...yet. I disabled all of it's HIPS features, don't need it, straight firewall. By the way I usually test software in a VM but currently I only have XP loaded up in one which isn't a good way of testing issues with software within Windows 7 obviously. So I would try a firewall in Windows 7, and then restore to a clean image if it didn't work. So it wasn't like I had residue files hanging out from other firewalls screwing things up.

So in the end, it seems Avast 6's web shield is having issues with certain firewalls or vice versa. Some other firewalls are having issues with Windows 7 SP1.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:28:23 PM by street_lethal »

iroc9555

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »
caledoniannorm.

I am running XP and CFW 3.14. I know the latest v. is 5, but it did not like my machine so I went back to 3.14 and IMHO the most stable for just firewall and D+. When I installed Avast 6 yesterday, it went smoothly. However, this morning when I booted my PC, Comodo started all wrong (weird icon on task bar). I exit it and rebooted the PC. This time Avast auto-sandbox alerted me of Comodo "cfpconfg.exe". I told Avast sandbox that it was a trusted file and everything is alright now

Joe S

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »
I'm using Comodo firewall only with Avast 6 free and have no troubles. I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit, Vista 64 bit and XP 32bit. If you are having problems make sure the Windows firewall is off. It has a nasty habit of turning itself back on.
Joe

polarowl

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 02:55:30 AM »
Also running Comodo v5 with Avast 6 free and no problems so far (although I had a LOT of problems with Avast v5 free & Comodo v5)

Also the new giu changes of Comodo dont make life easier (Avast v5 free seemed to freeze it) but Comodo has its problems anyway, that enormous TVL issue and I've tried everything known to man but SF.bin still alerts via Comodo v5 which is a real pest. I'll live with it though.

Offline jason7619

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 03:45:43 AM »
CISver 5 is better than ver3 with update/support plus a more lighter suite. Just choose to install the firewall only and not D+ and AV/GeekBuddy and your good to go. Try it. If it does not suit you then well a re-install of your ver3 is the only way I think.

Have CISver5 here no problems whatsoever with CIS. It's AISver6 virus database updates that won't work for me(even manual won't do).
Avast IS 19.8  /  Malwarebytes Premium / Windows 10 x64 Build 1903 / AMD A10 Processor desktop with R9 Graphics 32GB Ram.