Author Topic: win32 malware-gen  (Read 2524 times)

Offline sooners2win

win32 malware-gen
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:07:19 AM »
Avast has many times scanned this file of mine always been clean, just lastnight it showed clean even,

Now getting threat found. I'm not to sure about Avast 6 yet, seems to me it was rushed, webrep sucks

I can't even get it installed for firefox.
a6750f, amd phenom 9650quad core processor 2.30Ghz, Ram 8GB, Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2,Avast7 Free,Comodo Firewall, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Ccleaner, FF3.6.14,Google Chrome.

SafeSurf

Re: win32 malware-gen
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:04:29 AM »
So is your question related to the infection found?  If so, did you put the infected file(s) into the Avast Virus Chest?  Can you give a screen shot of the Chest so we know what the infection is and the files affected.

Have you performed an Avast boot-time scan yet?  Results? 

Have you performed an MBAM (Malwarebytes) scan yet?  Results?

Do you need further assistance regarding the infection...if this is the reason for your post? 

Please let us know in your next post more information about your machine (OS, security software like FW and other security software) and the reason for your post so that we can help you better.  Thank you.

Offline sooners2win

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 06:44:25 AM »
Not really a question, I know the file is not infected, scanned with MBAM also and clean.

For some reason it is now just a false positive, but I don't know what made Avast tonight

think it was malware????
a6750f, amd phenom 9650quad core processor 2.30Ghz, Ram 8GB, Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2,Avast7 Free,Comodo Firewall, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Ccleaner, FF3.6.14,Google Chrome.

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 06:55:17 AM »
Have you performed an Avast boot-time scan yet?  Results? 
Have you tried right-clicking on the files in the Chest to rescan and if they are clean?  If you are clean with the boot scan and rescanning what is in the Chest as well as MBAM, then you can restore what is in the Chest only if you are absolutely certain it is a FP (although I still recommend leaving them there longer to be sure). 

You can still submit the file(s) in the Chest to Avast for analysis to be sure it is a FP prior to removing from the Chest; once it is removed from the Chest you cannot do this.

Offline sooners2win

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »
K, thanks

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 07:15:58 AM »
You're welcome.  :)  Let me know if you have any further questions.