Author Topic: CCC.exe bug still there  (Read 24150 times)

Offline hectic-mmv

Re: CCC.exe bug still there
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »
Darth.Mikey,

I am sorry, this looks to be more serious problem if disabling user mode modifications doesnt work. Please, could you zip whole directory with ccc.exe and upload it to http://ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/
We increased the priority for this issue so we are working to fix it soon.

thanks a lot

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 11:25:55 AM »
Hi hectic-mmv, as i said, disabling the monitor system for unauthorized modifications setting does indeed work:

<snip>
2. Yes this does the trick, i disabled the monitor system for unauthorized modifications setting and after restart the problem goes away.
<snip>

I'm gonna zip the folder now and upload it to your ftp...

EDIT: Filename CCC.7z

EDIT2: If you need anything else let me know. BTW here is the driver link: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:34:09 AM by Darth.Mikey »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
I have the same problem.  I didn't notice until today so I don't know if it was happening before 6.0.1000.  MOM.exe and CCC.exe are not running.  Should be started by CLIStart in the run section of the registry.  Starts up fine if I run clistart manually.

Abosuletly correct, it's this CLIStart.exe program that starts both CCC.exe and MOM.exe at computer startup.

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »
Mikey, thanks for sending us files. We have simulated the problem partly, however we are not sure, if its exactly only avast problem. CCC also doesnt work without avast on our computer sometimes.

Please, can you try this? Disable all shields and start ccc.exe. Will it run or there are still same problems?

thanks a lot

Offline bs

• Avast team
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 10:41:07 AM »
Try to disable File System Shield\Expert Settings\Sensitivity\Use code emulation if it helps.

Thanks.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 10:42:16 AM »
Mikey, thanks for sending us files. We have simulated the problem partly, however we are not sure, if its exactly only avast problem. CCC also doesnt work without avast on our computer sometimes.

Please, can you try this? Disable all shields and start ccc.exe. Will it run or there are still same problems?

thanks a lot

Hmmmmm. Actually now i am confused, i re-enabled the monitor system for unauthorized modifications setting and disabled the resident protection. CCC started normally after restart(i did the same procedure back when i noticed the bug but it was unsuccesfull). But here is the weird part, i re-enabled the resident protection(monitor system for unauthorized modifications setting is enabled) and after another restart CCC started normally. So the bug is gone for me. Not sure how or why though.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 10:49:46 AM »
Just to add, YES i've seen reports from ATI users having a whole lot of issues with this new CCC, it seems it's still quite buggy. Nothing new with ATI.

I just had a thought though, i was unable to install SP1 and after some research i found i had missing MS ATI/Nvidia driver and manifest files. It was a program called Driver Sweeper that got rid of them. I had to manually restore those files to the Windows folder and after that i could install SP1. Not sure but this could be related to this issue with CCC that i was having.

More info on this:

http://forum.phyxion.net/viewtopic.php?id=17

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2187392

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 10:51:06 AM »
Is anyone out there still having this CCC not loading issue ?

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
I never had it, running Win 7 Pro 64bit SP 1 and CCC (new version since the preview 10.12) and Avast 5 / 6.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »
I never had it, running Win 7 Pro 64bit SP 1 and CCC (new version since the preview 10.12) and Avast 5 / 6.

Then why post here ?

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »
Anyway seems like i spoke too soon. Another restart and here is the bug again, this issue is starting to really annoy me.

@boys from avast!: Would it help if i let you VPN into my machine and have a look around ?

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 10:58:16 AM »
Maybe it is of interest that this does not happen on every machine?

But I will post no more, if so you desire. Many apologies.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 11:34:42 AM »
Well i have the VPN server set up, if you guys want to have a look in my machine just ask and i will send you the details...

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 02:15:39 PM »
Can anybody (who had the problem with CCC.exe recently) confirm that it's fixed now?

2nd base

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
I haven't installed this update yet but I will later this afternoon. My computer is basically fresh out of the box with a fresh windows 7 SP1 so I'll post the results when I get back home for the day.